Fibre Lyte chainring bad shifting

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

Reinstalling the lift pin should address the shifting issue. I'm sure Stephen can send you a replacement pin and you can just glue it on. I've used Fibrelyte rings exclusively for 5 years on 3 different bikes and they all shifted fine (and stiff, and light, and look cool).

KCookie

by KCookie

sugarkane wrote:How much do you weigh @kcookie? The Extralites will be better than the fiberlites but... They are not very stiff. And stiffness is what makes for good shifting. I have a mate with them and he has a lot of chain drop issues. Have you looked at the carbon TI rings? They seem pretty good. Personally I'd stick with the praxis and look at other places to save weight. I'm a big fan of keeping the drive train system spec ( except the cranks ) as there is little point in a weight weenie bike that shifts poorly or that struggles to finish rides..

I weigh 73kg, and not a strong rider at all. Ive only been riding once a week atm as I'm running a marathon in two weeks time, so not much time for cycling.
I love the Carbon Ti rings but bloody expensive. Bought some Extralite today to try out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

audiophilitis wrote:Reinstalling the lift pin should address the shifting issue. I'm sure Stephen can send you a replacement pin and you can just glue it on. I've used Fibrelyte rings exclusively for 5 years on 3 different bikes and they all shifted fine (and stiff, and light, and look cool).

I've sent Stephen an email, so will wait to see if he can send me a lift pin as I would like to give them some more time on my bike. !!