Giant TCR Advanced SL 2 2017

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

peted76

by peted76

Can't see a topic for this so thought I'd put one out there. There are new model TCR's avaialble next week...

I called to order a TCR Advanced SL 2 from my LBS and they inform me the 2017 stocks will be in next week (typically the 2016 one I wanted was out of stock)! I checked online and the 2017 models are listed on the giant bikes US, but not yet available on UK or AU sites.

I was going for the bright matt yellow TCR model, however new year new colours (I can't see any other changes) it appears there's a neon red 'KOM' version (to my eyes looks like the only difference is gearing and colour 32cog and 50/32) or the direct replacement one, which looks like a designer wanted to go home quick on a Friday evening, https://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bi ... .sl/26001/

I require some style advice from the style guru's who reside here please as I didn't want the full compact cranks. I wanted the 52/36 & 28 but is the colour scheme as bad as I think it is or will it be like a red headed child and I'd learn to love it over time?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jeffy

by jeffy

the reds not too bad.
i prefer the red over the same priced non-kom version 52/28 version.

the red 2015 dura ace hi mod supersix looks more like neon orange-red in real life (and looks incredible)

gavin

by gavin

I just bought the 2016 model TCR SL 0 today

Giant offered 20% off the rrp so £4399 down from £5499.

gavin

by gavin

Any advice on the lightest bottle cages that are not silly ££££

wingguy

by wingguy

peted76 wrote:I require some style advice from the style guru's who reside here please as I didn't want the full compact cranks. I wanted the 52/36 & 28 but is the colour scheme as bad as I think it is or will it be like a red headed child and I'd learn to love it over time?

Looks relatively similar to the 2016 TCR Pro 1 which clashed blue and green together and was actually quite nice. Like any 'loud' bike though you have to know you'll like it otherwise it could start to annoy you really quickly.

But honestly, if you prefer the red one just get the red one and swap the damn chainrings. It's not difficult. Heck, you could probably talk most shops into doing it for you.

RyanH

by RyanH

I feel like any mention of a frame or other product should include a picture.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

peted76

by peted76

wingguy wrote:
But honestly, if you prefer the red one just get the red one and swap the damn chainrings. It's not difficult. Heck, you could probably talk most shops into doing it for you.

This. Cheers chaps.
I am waiting to see if Giant UK can get me a 2016 model in my size of a better spec... I'll update you...

gavin

by gavin

Where are you based ?

gavin

by gavin

If you go on the website and select the bike you want then the info on the stock comes up

You enter your postcode and it highlights the specific dealer that has the size and model you selected

peted76

by peted76

gavin wrote:If you go on the website and select the bike you want then the info on the stock comes up

You enter your postcode and it highlights the specific dealer that has the size and model you selected

I'm a small, which in the UK means the website says there's no stock in TCR unless I buy the highest spec one.. (which I can't afford).

gavin

by gavin

peted76 wrote:
gavin wrote:If you go on the website and select the bike you want then the info on the stock comes up

I'm a small, which in the UK means the website says there's no stock in TCR unless I buy the highest spec one.. (which I can't afford).

Don't forget that highest spec bike is posted at full price but you can now get that bike 20% cheaper :D

Brus

by Brus

i´m waiting for our importer if they offer SL2 2017 in Czech. In 2016 they didn´t. Only SL1 and SL0...

peted76

by peted76

It looks as in the UK they aren't offering the funky red colourway.. only the weird black,blue and yellow mashup one #sadface, dont know what to do now.... I did want a TCR Advanced SL, but I don't want 'that' colour and can't afford a better spec.. ARGH !!

What to do? Possibly look at the Cannondale Supersix Hi-mod? Other bike ideas?

RobinRS

by RobinRS

Get the TCR advanced pro 1,

Black with glossy black and lime accents. Looks great!

peted76

by peted76

Yep does look good, but it's not the SL frame though...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com