WCB-R-066 Workswell frame: To paint or not to paint?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

clubber

by clubber

Hello folks,

I know between here and another popular bike forum I have personally met some terrific people that have used this frame as a foundation for some great road bike builds.

What I have NOT seen are many of the builders choosing to paint these frames. Just about ALL of the builders have chosen to stick with the matte black finish.

I currently have ready to be finalized my FIRST carbon bike frame and was considering having Works well paint it Midnight blue. The reason being is I've never see a road bike (or bike of ANY kind) in Midnight blue and I'm not sure why. I really dig the color!

So first please post pics of YOUR PAINTED 066 bikes. Or, tell me why you decided NOT to have Works well paint the frame for you. And give any recommendations of who or what company to use to paint this frame. That's it! Thank in advance cuz I'm looking forward to seeing YOUR builds ;)

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

1. First post, eh? Welcome to WW. :welcome:

2. There's an entire thread for that frame. Plenty of painted examples and discussions there. It is literally on the first page of the road forum in which you posted.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=113717
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

clubber

by clubber

prendrefeu wrote:1. First post, eh? Welcome to WW. :welcome:

2. There's an entire thread for that frame. Plenty of painted examples and discussions there. It is literally on the first page of the road forum in which you posted.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=113717

Well thx for the welcome. I know there is an entire thread dedicated to frames of the same design and geometry from Dengfu and Hongfu.

My only intent was to try to get specific information having to do with paint as I said there are so FEW of these frames that have been painted at all. Most are left unfinished. tihs AND trying to find any resources individuals or companies that will paint a CF frame without costing a fortune
-

neobox

by neobox

clubber wrote:Hello folks,

I know between here and another popular bike forum I have personally met some terrific people that have used this frame as a foundation for some great road bike builds.

What I have NOT seen are many of the builders choosing to paint these frames. Just about ALL of the builders have chosen to stick with the matte black finish.

I currently have ready to be finalized my FIRST carbon bike frame and was considering having Works well paint it Midnight blue. The reason being is I've never see a road bike (or bike of ANY kind) in Midnight blue and I'm not sure why. I really dig the color!

So first please post pics of YOUR PAINTED 066 bikes. Or, tell me why you decided NOT to have Works well paint the frame for you. And give any recommendations of who or what company to use to paint this frame. That's it! Thank in advance cuz I'm looking forward to seeing YOUR builds ;)

Well, this is not about the exact same frame, but I guess you'll get some hints.
I contacted hongfu asking about the weight of avenger A6 frame.
They told me that the paint job adds about 300 gram which makes the total weight of the frame over 1 kg.
I went on to UD finish fm069 and it weighs 896 gram.

gewichtweenie

by gewichtweenie

It weighs more
Stealth look is en vogue
The Chinese sellers don't do a great job of painting