Small chip on my carbon wheel help please??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Allen254

by Allen254

So today I was riding getting ready for a long ride as i rode I came to a stop and than I got out of the saddle and my rear wheel hit a screw bolt and luckily it didnt go through my wheel but it did chip it can you guys take a look and tell if I'm in the good. i sanded of the rough edged .

kkibbler

by kkibbler

I'd send these photos to Boyd and ask for their opinion.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bellebikes
in the industry

by bellebikes

I would say you are good, however visiting a carbon workshop and fill it with resign may prevent it from getting worse.

Look for a place were they use with carbon boats or other carbon parts near you. Just need to be filled.
http://www.bellebikes.com - info@bellebikes.com
Rides: Bellezza Stelvio <5kg and Bellezza CorsaX!

Allen254

by Allen254

bellebikes wrote:I would say you are good, however visiting a carbon workshop and fill it with resin may prevent it from getting worse.

Look for a place were they use with carbon boats or other carbon parts near you. Just need to be filled.

aahhh i see that makes sense yeah i put the tube and tire back on and doesn't seem to be a problem. but you are right i'll try to find some that can fill it on thanks alot.

bellebikes
in the industry

by bellebikes

Allen254 wrote:
bellebikes wrote:I would say you are good, however visiting a carbon workshop and fill it with resin may prevent it from getting worse.

aahhh i see that makes sense yeah i put the tube and tire back on and doesn't seem to be a problem. but you are right i'll try to find some that can fill it on thanks alot.

Just showed a picture to company next-door (they specialize in carbon youghts). They say, should be a 15minute job, Fill it and after that it needs to go in an oven, about 50 degree should be fine ad give it 2 days to harden out. (so you don't have to disassamble the wheel).

Goog luck, but in the meantime, just ride them.
http://www.bellebikes.com - info@bellebikes.com
Rides: Bellezza Stelvio <5kg and Bellezza CorsaX!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Allen254

by Allen254

bellebikes wrote:
Allen254 wrote:

Just showed a picture to company next-door (they specialize in carbon youghts). They say, should be a 15minute job, Fill it and after that it needs to go in an oven, about 50 degree should be fine ad give it 2 days to harden out. (so you don't have to disassamble the wheel).

Goog luck, but in the meantime, just ride them.

Hey thanks a lot man much appreciated. Yeah ill try to find a place that can fill it in, i have already ridden them like this and no problem but I do think a fill will help the wheel not get worse later on.