Opinions on repaired DEFY

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

arinowner

by arinowner

just wanted to get opinions. Don't worry about hurting my feelings because according to my ex-wife, I don't have any.
I recently purchased, at a REALLY good price, a "repaired" 2012 Giant Defy Composite frame that came with a brand new OD2 fork. Not the Advanced model. The repair was checked and found to be very good and solid but cosmetically horrible. So, since it is almost impossible to match paint. I have decided to have the entire frame and fork repainted. Simple paint job. One single color, three graphics. About 500..wow.
With the cost of the frame plus a few odds and ends that were missing, I would have about 625.00 in it.
The bright side is new paint and I know the frame is solid. If I bought a new frame, I'm out 1000.00. If I bought used, I have now idea about the condition.
But is this too much money to be putting into a "regular composite" Defy
Your thoughts....Should I just ride it as is? Or get it painted. I don't plan on selling it.
1 cross thread is better than 2 lock washers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

you can totally get a unrepaired used defy advanced sl frame at around $1k on ebay. Those composite frames should be around $600 brand new

ourmanflint

by ourmanflint

If you're not having a Matt spray job, it's easy enough to do a good job with rattle cans, it can't hurt. And you can just rub down final clear coat and it will look perfect