Sram CX1 shifters and X01 rear derailleur

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

Hi

I'm just wondering,is set like this work correct. Maybe even in this year,I planning to do my road bike 1x11,and I would like to know,will I have to buy new rear derailleur,or can I put one from my MTB.

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

it will not work. SRAM 11 speed road and 11 sped mountain have different cable actuation ratios. You would need a SRAM 10 speed mountain derailleur or the 1X road derailleur

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

Does anyone tried this setup??

nickcube

by nickcube

Nope, won't work. Alternatively, you could use a 10 speed sram mtb mech or a 10sp road mech from sram, which all use the same pull ratios

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

So,I need a derailleur with cluth (X.0 Type 2,beacouse it's lighter,or X9) and normal shifter 10sp Double Tap. And on front 1x chainring. Is that correct??

kman

by kman

No, that is not correct. Any 11 speed SRAM MTB derailleur will not work with the 10 or 11 speed road shifters. Whether it has the clutch or not is irrelevant.

If you want 11 speed (1x11) then you can use the road shifters with:
a) a road 11 speed rear derailleur (ANY of them but ideally the clutched Force or Rival version to help keep the chain on)
b) a road 10 speed rear derailleur (these have the same movement as 11 speed road, only the shifters are different)
c) a MTB 10 speed rear derailleur (these have the same movement as 11 speed road)
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
-- Frank Zappa

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

I forget to write one thing. Maybe I will use a MTB derailleur but 10sp with 10sp road shifter and put MTB cassette,with 44-46 front chainring.

kman

by kman

That will work.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
-- Frank Zappa

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com