Best Aero handlebar?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Rubik wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:32 am
spdntrxi wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:57 pm
I really like my canyon h11. it’s kinda the wrong size on my newer bike.. so I ordered the knock off on eBay . Hoping it’s comparable to the legit canyon bars when I get it
Which seller did you order from? Happy with the bar?
I'm still waiting for it to come from China actually...ebay seller was catelorsports of something. I really hope it's the same shape as the real canyons.. because I use the racewear garmin mount and that jazz.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FishXChips

by FishXChips

Before I broke my hip I rode a thousand miles on the new Cervelo AB06 Aero bars, including a 600mile tour. This is my first carbon drop experience and Im loving the vibration dampening and stiffness when combined with an Enve stem. Best of all, the cables are externally routed in a groove and the weight is unbeatable for an aero bar (201g). They survived the 25mph crash into a guard rail that broke my Pelvis! Currently only available through Cervelo dealers. Let me know if yall have any questions.

https://imgur.com/a/BdysF
https://imgur.com/a/q2mIu
https://imgur.com/a/YaJEt

C36

by C36

chd8152 wrote:Simple. S-works Aerofly.
Simple = based on? A bit more explanation or elements used to compare would be welcome... Image

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

waltthizzney wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:46 am
anyone seen workswell aero bar in person?

http://www.workswellbikes.com/PRODDUCT/ ... 6/110.html

I like how the wing goes right up next to the stem's face plate and the cables exit the back of the wing right next to the stem extension, seems more aero than every other bar. I don't like the forward sweep of the flat section or the bump at the corner. That bump would be a deal breaker for me. I rest my hands and wrists in so many different ways in that area.

What are the holes for that would be under the face plate?

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

Lelandjt wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:02 am
waltthizzney wrote:

I like how the wing goes right up next to the stem's face plate and the cables exit the back of the wing right next to the stem extension, seems more aero than every other bar. I don't like the forward sweep of the flat section or the bump at the corner. That bump would be a deal breaker for me. I rest my hands and wrists in so many different ways in that area.

I have no idea. Maybe it is designed for their aero frame? I dont know what "cover" they are talking about in the add.

Hongfu also has a new handlebar they have been promoting on facebook

http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/html_Produc ... HB008.html

http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/news/New_Pr ... 9/466.html

Rubik

by Rubik

Lelandjt wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:02 am
waltthizzney wrote:

That bump seems similar to the 3T aeronovas. It helps to cradle the wrist really well when you get aero.

I would have thought those holes would be for internal di2 routing to go through the stem and then down steerer tube like some bikes to, but not sure why they'd have them on the front as well.

I assume the cover they mention is the stem faceplate.

In any case, no room to mount a computer or light or anything would be my sole deal breaker.

Wildh

by Wildh

waltthizzney wrote:

Interested in your experience with this bar.

I use a 3t aeronova and actually really like that transition to the hoods. Only issue I have is that the bar itself is not overly rigid.

jlok

by jlok

Wildh wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:28 am

I use a 3t aeronova and actually really like that transition to the hoods. Only issue I have is that the bar itself is not overly rigid.
I'd say it's the softest handlebar I've ever used. Could anyone name some that are softer than the aeronova?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

dim

by dim

GIANT CONTACT SLR AERO INTEGRATED BAR & STEM:

On my wishlist (I own an old Giant TCR Composite) .... I think that you can get these without the Giant Logo if you have a different bike ... weighs approx 380 grams inclusive of stem

edit:
I just googled, and my current Giant alloy handlebars with alloy stem weighs 425 grams. The carbon ones above, weigh 380 grams and costs over £300 .... so to save 45 grams, I'd be spending £300+

it can wait a while :shock:
Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Rubik wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:32 am
spdntrxi wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:57 pm
I really like my canyon h11. it’s kinda the wrong size on my newer bike.. so I ordered the knock off on eBay . Hoping it’s comparable to the legit canyon bars when I get it
Which seller did you order from? Happy with the bar?

update : bars came in

Weight 347g 39/110
Look : just like Canyon H11
Feel : non ride not quite a stiff but plenty I hope. Canyon H11s are pretty stout.

Good : the hardware is not bad.. spacers and whatnot. The shim fits pretty well, the carbon layup is not perfect I see a few imperfections, but nothing too serious.

Bad : the negative slope is not as much as the Canyon. I feel like my canyons are -12 and these knockoffs are -6 or less...while they look like the Canyons on the surface , I think they are somewhat fatter since my Racewear garmin mount does not fit these at all.

The bad are enough for me not to use the bar...but I will ride with them atleast once for the hell of it. Maybe use the shim since it fits better then the one I was using and go back to my genuine H11s. (which are 39/90)

Does Canyon sell the H11s in the USA yet ? I dont need the whole bike. :lol:
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Rubik

by Rubik

Thanks a lot for the update. Appreciated!

robertbb

by robertbb

On a road bike, the best aero handlebar is no aero handlebar. The idea of a fixed length stem, with a fixed angle, a fixed shape bar, a fixed drop, fixed flare at a fixed width is just absurd. That's if you want to have any say/flexibility whatsoever on how your bike fits and handles. Would far prefer a set-up where all of the above can be tweaked, with many possibilities.

You *may* gain a minuscule amount in aerodynamics (arguable - what goes right behind the bars?... your body), and the tiniest bit of weight, but this may well be at the expense of the most comfortable fit you might achieve.

You know manufacturers are scraping the bottom of the barrel with this kind of stuff.

OK, rant over.

outnumbered

by outnumbered

A big +1 from me on that !

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Rubik wrote:Thanks a lot for the update. Appreciated!
Genuine H11s back on..

The knockoffs are not bad.. probably only the strong sprinter types might find them a little soft in the drops.

In the end the angle is not what I wanted and I don’t feel like buying another mount for the garmin at the moment.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Chans1ee

by Chans1ee

I heard that 3T Aeronova LTD is not too much rigid.
I think zipp sl70 aero handlebar is best choice, because that handlebar is pretty rigid, fully aero, not expensive.