This Enve Road 2.0 Fork Look Legit?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

McGilli

by McGilli

These were listed as Used - excellent condition on Ebay for $275. Seller has 100% feedback on over 100 transactions as a seller (very few transactions are for bike parts)

There were 11 people watching the BIN - with a "Make an offer" option. I messaged him saying what's the lowest he'll take - he replied saying he's got quite the interest and if I want to make an offer I better do it fast as he's been looking online and he thinks he priced them a bit low and is going to raise the price.

So I BIN. Mine yay! Next morning I asked him to just re-measure the steerer tube for me. he did - said it was 1-1/8 to 1-1/2. He asked if that was what I wanted - and if it wasn't he would be more than happy to immediately give me a refund as he feels he sold them for too cheap.

I said no - I want them.

Here are the photos. I am confident in them - I am only asking because over the years I've bought Chinese carbon forks too - so.... it's coming back to haunt me :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nobuseri

by nobuseri

Looks legit. All the stickers in the same place as mine. Also, there also should be a serial on the carbon itself - not on a sticker, if I remember correctly..

$275 is a decent price (depending on how used) as they are about $350 new.
Cicli Barco XCr Road
Moots VaMoots
Parlee Z1
SuperX Hi-Mod Disc

McGilli

by McGilli

nobuseri wrote:Looks legit. All the stickers in the same place as mine. Also, there also should be a serial on the carbon itself - not on a sticker, if I remember correctly..

Thanks - that's interesting. I'm going to fire a question about that over to Enve support and see what they say.... Post back here...

McGilli

by McGilli

I spoke to Enve. They confirm that their forks have a serial number stamped into the steer tube. Mine has that - looks good.