80mm latex tubes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

A2ON

by A2ON

Looking to switch to latex but need 80mm valves, do such things exist ?

If not I can run valve extenders although they seems a pain in the bum, I would just take a normal 80mm tube with me if I did puncture and mess about with extenders once home.

Issue there is I need the valves that are threaded all the way down as the giant wheels rattle if you do t use the rubber front and lick ring which screws onto valve. So if 80mm latex tubes don't exist. Do fully threaded valve extenders in black. Guessing the ideal would be 40mm tubes 40mm valve extenders ?

Finally anyone made the switch and is it even worth it. Current tubes are 111g latex seem to be about 80g +valve extenders whatever that is

sungod

by sungod

i'd just use extenders

if there's rattle, a piece of electrical tape is a common solution, though i just used a tiny dab of tub glue and it worked

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

A2ON

by A2ON

sungod wrote:i'd just use extenders

if there's rattle, a piece of electrical tape is a common solution, though i just used a tiny dab of tub glue and it worked

As i thought thanks I will try the tape. I have also just made better use of the search function in this forum and dragged up an older thread about latex tubes and asked some more questions