bb question about the cervelo r5ca

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

liketoride

by liketoride

i am looking for the lightest power option for the cervelo r5ca and i have been looking all over for the pictures i saw with a r5ca with the sram force 22 crankset. I am looking at the stages with the sram force 22 spindle but i want to attach it to the red drive side. I was wondering if i have the xd-15 bearings in there what spacers am i going to need? I saw pictures on the cervelo forum but i was searching and cannot find them if someone could point me in the right direction i would be thankful. I also need to know if the sram force connection on the drive side is the same as the red?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liketoride

by liketoride

Anyone know if this will work?

RyanH

by RyanH

Are you looking at the sram bb30 or gxp crankset?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

liketoride

by liketoride

The bb30, called stages and they told me that their spinal length of the force 22 bb30 spinal was 113mm long is is only a couple mm's of my rotor crankset. The only problem is I want to attach it to the sram red drive side and I don't know is they use the same bolt pattern. I also don't k no how many spacers I would need to make it work. I have seen sram force 22 bb30's on the r5ca, I just for the life of me can't find it online now

RyanH

by RyanH

I think the Force 22 Stages is the drive side. They have a model for red 22 and force/rival, so you may want to check that too. Have you purchased it yet? If not, I'd suggest taking the weight penalty and get a bb30 quarq or power2max.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

liketoride

by liketoride

i have not bought it yet, but stages carbon sram BB30 is on the none drive side and is screwed into the spindle and then the drive side screws into the spindle. Similar to the SISL2 crankset.

liketoride

by liketoride

I think I understood what Ryan was saying. Does anyone know if the bolt that screws into the spindle from the drive side on the force 22 the same bolt that is used on the red crankset?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com