Supersix Evo hi mod, China or Taiwan?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tarmackev

by tarmackev

DamonRinard wrote:Without data, it's just an opinion.

With data, ...but I can't talk about that. ;-)

You must have some interesting stories to tell?
I remember reading this an realising I needed a Supersix Hi-Mod in my life.
I had a Cervelo S1 and S2 but the Cannondale just feels better, more planted and at the same time lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

tarmackev wrote:...there's something about the innovation, styling, history and uniqueness of Cannondale that I love. I love the way they forge their own path... Following the road less traveled.

I like that too.

sawyer

by sawyer

Yes, lots of love for Cannondale here. They gave us the SiSL and the Evo Hi-Mod, the CAAD line, and kept real mens' top-tubes
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yet they steered us away from threaded Bottom Brackets. And for that, they shall never be forgiven :).
Agree about keeping the "real men" top tubes though (ha, hadn't heard it described like that before but I like it). And also stuck with relatively clean non gimmicky lines.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

wingguy

by wingguy

dvdslw wrote:For those who don't know, Taiwan is part of the Republic of China so technically they are one in the same.

Taiwan is the Republic of China and is a completely seperate entity to China, which is the People's Republic of China.

While the Republic of China claims to be the legitimate government of China the rest of the world only recognises the People's Republic of China as China.

So 'Made in China' means PRC, and Made in Taiwan means RoC.

addictR1

by addictR1

dvdslw wrote:For those who don't know, Taiwan is part of the Republic of China so technically they are one in the same.

i take offense to that.. taiwan is taiwan.. china is china.. they are not the same. as others pointed out.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

addictR1 wrote:

i take offense to that.. taiwan is taiwan.. china is china.. they are not the same. as others pointed out.

Anyone living in Taiwan would dispute that. The presence of a standing army and taxes that get sent to Teipei and not Beijing would seem to contradict you.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

jeffy

by jeffy

yep, the red dura ace one is incredible IRL, close to fluro orange