Scott bikes 2017

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Ugh, those stems are not good looking. Maybe aero, but I still have to look at them and I get no joy from them.

I really liked the outlined scheme of the Addict SL the past two years. Orange wasn't ideal, but it was subtle. I think they went to a green outline and that was nice. The blacked out '17 SL is uninspiring. The other '17 Addict schemes are blah.

To be honest, I haven't cared for many Scott paint schemes over the years - mine isn't great either, but at least it's light and fits me well.

tarmackev

by tarmackev

The direct mount rear brake is great, you just can't use a stages power meter with it. As an aero bike it's the perfect combination of weight/comfort.
The stem looks good when slammed of with just a couple of spacers.
It's amazing how many people who should be on a less aggressive bike will ride aero bikes. Once the stems are raised it flipped it throws off the aesthetics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tarmackev

by tarmackev

The new Addict SL with E-tap is stunning as is the new colour scheme Foil 20. For some reason they aren't going with this green one in the uk. It's flouro instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nautiboy

by Nautiboy

The 2016 Foil is simply awesome!! I've bought about 4 x premiums and 2 x Foil10 together with my buddies, and all loving it!! It is aero, sleek, and surprisingly very comfortable. Prefers the 2016 colour scheme over the glossy 2017 version. Prior to Foils, we were all on Canyon Aeroad and Storcks.....No regrets : )

FatCake

by FatCake

So my team will be on Scotts this year, and although I am intrigued by the Foils, I'm leaning more toward the Addicts at this point. Looks like I'm choosing between the Addict SL and the Premium Disc. I keep going back and forth as to which one I prefer. We have lots of hectic, steep descents here, and that makes me really appreciate the idea of a disc road bike. I enjoy that so much on my Diverge now. However, it is 16 lbs vs. 13.8 lbs. 2+ lbs seems significant, but perhaps I shouldn't fret the weight. As for eTAP vs Dura-Ace DI2, I really don't have a strong preference right now either way so that's a wash.

Is there anyone out there who feels like this should be an easy decisions, and if so, why? I ride about 280 miles a week, used to race a lot but now only occasionally (barely). Just lots of club rides and silly segment chases.

chronsbons

by chronsbons

Personally, I was really hoping for a Foil Disc...

no evidence of one existing yet, but a guy can hope.

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

stoney wrote:The bottom bracket mounted rear brake on the Foil's were a deal killer for me.

^This. Still have the previous model from 2014 Foil 15. That bottom mount brake makes for a mess if you have issues while on the bike, plus maintenance etc...why?!?!