Ciamillo GSL Tuned brakes, cable insertion/clamping

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Slimtim

by Slimtim

Hello

I am hoping that someone can answer this query as I am stumped.

I have a set of the Ciamillo GSL brakes where it appears that the brake cable fed through the cam arm and then clamped somehow by tightening a bolt in the cam arm - I can't see the equivalent of a pinch bolt which acts directly to clamp the cable.

My first question is, do I need to use a special narrow brake cable with this type of brake. I tried (for some time) today to feed a standard Campagnolo brake cable through the hole today with zero success. The hole just seems to be too small.

I am normally more than able to do my own spanner work but I am seeking some advice on this subject!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lewolive

by lewolive

Hello,

Ciamillo brakes are using regular cables and it should work.
For an easier installation, the quick release (black on GSL micro) must be in the upper position.
Then, tighten the cam bolt.

Check the way of the end of the cable after you have cut the cable: the end of cable must be twisted lightly in order to avoid any contact with padholder bolts.

You may send pictures here or in a private message if you need further details.

The biggest thing to avoid is to use toothed spacers (like on Dura Ace or Campy), Ciamillo brakes are designed to auto-center and so must be used directly on the frame/fork, or with Ciamillo seat stay and fork spacers.