re : bianchi XR4 .. what a beauty !!!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Madone69

by Madone69

she came and she is a beauty :D :D :D :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
(not sure how to add bigger pics)
Attachments
20161220_125300 - Copy - Copy.jpg
20161220_124728 - Copy.jpg
20161220_124743 - Copy.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

1.80 ? I am blind.. that cant be right.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

Delorre

by Delorre

spdntrxi wrote:1.80 ? I am blind.. that cant be right.

A little on the heavy side indeed :cry: . Rough estimate : 1100gr frame, 400gr fork, 220gr seatpost and 80gr headset. So +/- 100gr to loose when everything is cut to size.

darnellrm

by darnellrm

So we have gone from "what a beauty" to "what a pig"!

Madone69

by Madone69

Delorre wrote:
spdntrxi wrote:1.80 ? I am blind.. that cant be right.

A little on the heavy side indeed :cry: . Rough estimate : 1100gr frame, 400gr fork, 220gr seatpost and 80gr headset. So +/- 100gr to loose when everything is cut to size.

I will verify the weight soon. All in all the complete bike should come in at under 6.6kg.(going on my OltreXR)

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

One of client's XR4 is ready;

Madone69

by Madone69

cyclespeed wrote:One of client's XR4 is ready;

Almost my build.. what size frame and weight pls

Gehenna

by Gehenna

Wasn't the XR2 like 900g? And Bianchi claims a 980g frame weigh for the XR4 with only -/+ 5%. While it is beautiful, it's pretty heavy in an age of sub-kilo aero bikes, and if their weight prediction is that off, it kinda loses confidence in it's overall quality :(

stormur

by stormur

Mostly "sub kilo" they're on paper only... same as Oltre. Kruiswijk didn't complained about weight riding Giro ;)

My "subkilo" Cannondale HiMod was 1150 ish, same BH ( 1110 claimed 940 ) , same Wilier ( 1200 instead of 960 ) , if memory serves well only NeilPryde was really sub kilo (990g , claimed 960 ) .

Most manufacturers "claim" weight of unpainted, ripped off everything (incl FD braze ) frame in XXS size. Then I believe it fits... +-5% ;)

My confidence in bit heavier frames is much higher than trust to very light ones. Knowing manufacturing process, and most potential issues... let it be bit more material here & there.

If EVERY frameset will be scanned for proper mold , that will make change my mind. But no one is doing it, so.... I believe in "Colnago's 1000g" :)
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

Gehenna

by Gehenna

stormur wrote:Mostly "sub kilo" they're on paper only... same as Oltre. Kruiswijk didn't complained about weight riding Giro ;)

My "subkilo" Cannondale HiMod was 1150 ish, same BH ( 1110 claimed 940 ) , same Wilier ( 1200 instead of 960 ) , if memory serves well only NeilPryde was really sub kilo (990g , claimed 960 ) .

Most manufacturers "claim" weight of unpainted, ripped off everything (incl FD braze ) frame in XXS size. Then I believe it fits... +-5% ;)

My confidence in bit heavier frames is much higher than trust to very light ones. Knowing manufacturing process, and most potential issues... let it be bit more material here & there.

If EVERY frameset will be scanned for proper mold , that will make change my mind. But no one is doing it, so.... I believe in "Colnago's 1000g" :)

My trust is not in weight but in a manufactures inability to properly weigh their items or display an accurate weight. It's not hard to look around and find that many people who post their stripped weight are well within most manufactures -/+ claimed weights. I can't say for your experiences, but in seeing the weights that owners of various makes and models have put up, being off by 300 grams (a little over 20% more than claimed in this instance) is either lying or lack of quality control, neither or which are ok. I'm not riding one, so it doesn't affect me, but i don't like seeing people swindled by dishonest business practices. But do you

Madone69

by Madone69

Gehenna wrote:
stormur wrote:Mostly "sub kilo" they're on paper only... same as Oltre. Kruiswijk didn't complained about weight riding Giro ;)

My trust is not in weight but in a manufactures inability to properly weigh their items or display an accurate weight. It's not hard to look around and find that many people who post their stripped weight are well within most manufactures -/+ claimed weights. I can't say for your experiences, but in seeing the weights that owners of various makes and models have put up, being off by 300 grams (a little over 20% more than claimed in this instance) is either lying or lack of quality control, neither or which are ok. I'm not riding one, so it doesn't affect me, but i don't like seeing people swindled by dishonest business practices. But do you

i agree with all the above. in the end its still a looker and i am sure its going to ride just as well ( the reviews out there speaks the same language ) :thumbup: - in any case the added weight can be lost somewhere else then :thumbup: ....like my waist :waving:

asc8ic

by asc8ic

Nice combination with Bora ultra!, I think it's one of most beautiful frame.

stormur

by stormur

@Gehenna:

You should get used to lack of "accuracy" in that matter. Very few brands are close to real weights in their claims. However real weights are rather consistent ( in molding process is really difficult to screw up so terribly that weight will differ more than 1-2% ) .
Reality is kind of irrelevant , most people believe in claims and don't make any deeper research .

But, if you want you can believe that multi milion corporations cannot use scale properly or amount of cf sheets and resin varies from piece to piece in mass production at subcontractor factory in China or Taiwan.

It is as it is, they pretend to claim correct numbers, we pretend our believe in it :mrgreen:

Weight isn't everything, seriously.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TimW

by TimW

cyclespeed wrote:1098g + 385g in 54

There isn't a 54. It's either 53 or 55?