Scott Addict size

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cyclist

by cyclist

Hi!

I am just befor buying new Scott Addict bike. I am 1,82 cm tall and have a 84 cm inseam.

Which frame should I take? M or L. ( http://www.scott-sports.com/global/en/p ... Issue-Bike )

Size M has 8 mm setback seatpost, L has 25 mm setback seatpost.

Thanks

Delorre

by Delorre

Not easy to tell without more details like current bike, how it is set up, how you feel on it etc. To give you an idea, check mine (see signature). it's a L. I'm 1,81cm, 77 cm sadle height and 9,5 cm drop between saddle and bar. Also 9 cm saddle setback. So until you really need a very agressive riding position, I'll go for L.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gerardk1111

by gerardk1111

Go with Large (56). I am 177 with 83.5 and ride with 9cm bar drop and 8 cm setback and 75cm saddle height and was fitted for Medium (54) last week at my local Scott dealer with 110 stem...

cyclist

by cyclist

Hi!

Current I have Scott Addict CX, size L (top tube 550 mm!). 75 cm saddle height, 25 mm setback and 110 mm stem.

If I take size L, it will be 565 mm top tube...

Geoff

by Geoff

I have a number of Scott Addicts in my collection. As others have said, the issue is really down to how you fit on a bike.

The biggest problem I see is the headtube, which is a pretty common problem with monocoque bikes these days. If you look at the geometry chart, you will see that there is a 2cm difference in the length of the headtube. Depending on how you ride, you may not be able to get the bars down far enough if you go for a size Large. I find that the size 'Medium' is ok for me (the headtube is still high, but not unrideable) with a longer setback on the post and a saddle with long rails (the Arione is perfect) and a 130mm stem. You might need a 140mm stem, depending on your position.

cyclist

by cyclist

@Geoff

How tall are you, etc.?

Geoff

by Geoff

I am 179 and my inseam is 86. I run bikes long and low, though. My point is that you really have to think about the headtubes as well as the toptube, otherwise you could find that you cannot get the bars low enough.

gerardk1111

by gerardk1111

Geoff, what kind of bar drop do you build your bikes with?? more than 11cm??
Do you race??

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

cyclist wrote:Hi!

I am just befor buying new Scott Addict bike. I am 1,82 cm tall and have a 84 cm inseam.

Which frame should I take? M or L. ( http://www.scott-sports.com/global/en/p ... Issue-Bike )

Thanks

You can check if Scott can supply NONE offset seatpost for the frame.
I had first gen Foil. I bought a 54 size, i also bought an offset seatpost.

I am also 1,82cm inseam 87.7cm.

The size of the frame, you should look at how high you saddle is now (BB centrum to top of saddle measured along seatpost.
Then saddle to bar drop.
56 is about 22mm higher (stack) then 54 and about 6mm longer in reach.

I would have picked 56 size bike because i have saddle at 78.2-79cm

The shorter 54 and the longer 56 are going to ride a bit different.
The longer wheelbase 56 is going to be more stabile.
56 size sweet spot rider length is 5'11

I found i made a mistake going for 54.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Allen254

by Allen254

cyclist wrote:Hi!

Thanks

go with the medium

gerardk1111

by gerardk1111

You can not go with medium at 182!!!! Unless you are a pro rider and ride with 13 cm bar drop!!!
If you go with Medium and want to ride with 9cm bar drop you would have to have 4.5 cm of spacers under your stem, and that is a bad look with this frame. Go with large, and you can drop the stem almost all the way down ( maybe 2 cm spacers). Check the stack and reach on the frame . Once again, unless you race at 182 you should not go with any frame with stack under 555-560. Reach can be very easily adjusted with right size stem and you can order the frame with 0 setback seatpost!!!

antonio07

by antonio07

gerardk1111 wrote:You can not go with medium at 182!!!! Unless you are a pro rider and ride with 13 cm bar drop!!!
If you go with Medium and want to ride with 9cm bar drop you would have to have 4.5 cm of spacers under your stem, and that is a bad look with this frame. Go with large, and you can drop the stem almost all the way down ( maybe 2 cm spacers). Check the stack and reach on the frame . Once again, unless you race at 182 you should not go with any frame with stack under 555-560. Reach can be very easily adjusted with right size stem and you can order the frame with 0 setback seatpost!!!

I'm 1.78m 85.5 inseam and I was told to look for Stack 550-560 too !! You think I could go with a M -54 frame ?? The problem is this frame size Scott has a lower stack.

antonio07

by antonio07

Delorre wrote:Not easy to tell without more details like current bike, how it is set up, how you feel on it etc. To give you an idea, check mine (see signature). it's a L. I'm 1,81cm, 77 cm sadle height and 9,5 cm drop between saddle and bar. Also 9 cm saddle setback. So until you really need a very agressive riding position, I'll go for L.

Hey,
I was looking at your post, I have a Addict size L with that exact setup fit you wrote. I'm 1,78m , 77 saddle height. The bar drop, set back, etc everything the same.
They put for me a 90mm stem.
I really wanted to buy a smaller frame size 54 M but I'm starting to think it is not possible.
Maybe a Pinarello size 55, what do you think ?

antonio07

by antonio07

Geoff wrote:I am 179 and my inseam is 86. I run bikes long and low, though. My point is that you really have to think about the headtubes as well as the toptube, otherwise you could find that you cannot get the bars low enough.

I'm virtually the same as you, and I'm thinking about getting a 54 Scott. So you have been using it with no problems ??
How high is your saddle ? I need 76-77cm

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

antonio07 wrote:
Geoff wrote:I am 179 and my inseam is 86. I run bikes long and low, though. My point is that you really have to think about the headtubes as well as the toptube, otherwise you could find that you cannot get the bars low enough.

I'm virtually the same as you, and I'm thinking about getting a 54 Scott. So you have been using it with no problems ??
How high is your saddle ? I need 76-77cm

Rather than trying to size your new bike using another person's height / frame size use your current bike as a template and transfer that to the new bike.

What frame do ride now, size, headset spacers, stem length? A picture would be useful.