Modern parts for Serotta Legend Ti?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Sacke

by Sacke

I stumbled across an excellent deal on a custom Serotta Legend Ti frame that would be just about perfect for me.

The price would be 700€ for the frameset. A good deal it would seem to me?

I would like to put modern parts on the frame and make it my main road bike.

The fork is a 1" fork, and the seat tube is 27,2mm. What options in terms of forks, stems and handlebars do I have?

I would like to put on a straight bladed, rather narrow fork, like the Enve 2.0, any stem that would be suitable and classic bend handlebars.

Any recommendations on which brands still make compatible parts, and how to make this a timeless and classy build?

I will most likely put a Campagnolo Chorus or Record group on the bike and low profile carbon wheels.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

700€ is a good but not a great deal. The fork is not the original and that drops the price considerably. You may sand it in order to remove the logos and add just a clear coat layer.

Other than that it is a lovely frame to start with. Then you search for a better headset, a proper seatpost clamp, a nice round seatpost, stem, and bars. You can go for either polished alu components or full carbon with minimal logos.

vejnemojnen

by vejnemojnen

you can use any stem you want, as long as you use a shim. For headsets-forks, you can get quite a lot 1inch one types, as it seems, 1inch forks are either very high end lightweight ones, or the cheapest hi-tensile steel crap, no midway.

The only thing I'd worry about is the tyre clearance, I guess the frame was designed for skinny rubber, and you could encounter some problems when trying to mount a contemporary wide wheelset with more voluminous tyres.

RussellS

by RussellS

If you have to replace the fork, then Nashbar sells a 1 inch carbon blade, aluminum steerer fork for about $84 today. Are you sure its 1 inch? The picture looks like it is 1.125". Stem is a titanium Ibis. If it fits that would be nice. If not then it should sell for a good price. Chris King makes 1" headsets.

romalor

by romalor

the guy is in France no nashbar ;)

Sacke

by Sacke

Thank you for the replies.

I'll have to think about it and see if I can find more information and reviews on the frame online.

RussellS

by RussellS

romalor wrote:the guy is in France no nashbar ;)

I just checked the Nashbar website and they ship to lots of different countries. Including France. Even price things in Euros on their website. Might not be cost effective, but our European friends can buy from Nashbar and have the products shipped to their house. Of course Europe has lots of websites where everything seems to be much cheaper than the US. Even with VAT, its probably best to buy over there.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vejnemojnen

by vejnemojnen

Xxcycle is French with kor of goodies for cheap. I would check them

Tapatalkkal küldve az én P01Y eszközömről