EPS issue... No lights on interface unit.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mfuchs1

by mfuchs1

I was riding on Saturday and during the ride my EPS group suddenly stopped working. No warning just stopped. I checked the battery level before I left and it was solid green so I know the battery had a good charge. I got stuck in my 53x21 gear for the last 10 miles which also happened to be the hilliest. Anyway, when I got home and checked it out I noticed that there are no lights at all on the interface unit. I plugged in the charger and it showed the normal lights but the interface had nothing. I installed this in May and it is Chorus v2 interface and power unit and Athena shifters and Levers so it should be a warranty issue but I am trying to determine whether it is, in fact, the interface unit and not the power unit. The group was pieced together from a few different places so I need to know which part it is to contact the proper retailer to get the warranty started.
It is my understanding that if the power unit went bad then there would be some code that the interface would flash to let me know that it is the problem. Has anybody encountered this? Any ideas of what is bad? I have checked all connecting and have disconnected and reconnectted all of them. I have not removed the battery as it is internal and don't want to do it if I don't have to.

Thanks for any help/ advice.

nismosr

by nismosr

I had this problem with my V1 Athena, Green when I left the parking lot on a group ride after about 14miles shifter start acting up and it went dead but the FD automatically drop to small ring and I have to push the RD manually in the middle cog, to align it. knock on wood because I just switch to the chorus V2.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mfuchs1

by mfuchs1

Mine just stopped. Perfect one minute and dead the next. Front derailleur didn't move, it stayed in the big ring. Interface unit has no lights and battery charger indicates full battery charge. No lights when I press mode buttons, no lights when charger is connected. Whole system just stopped. No warning or anything.