Venge Vias Disk is here....

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KonaSS

by KonaSS

I think because the Tarmac didn't get a frame update for 2017. My guess is that we will see those changes next year.

eeefn7

by eeefn7

I wish only changed the drop bar

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dirkie

by Dirkie

Looks better than the weird rim brake version, at least if you can build a bike with a flat handlebar without spacers :)

Curious though whether the UCI will finally approve disc brakes for racing ??

rlarldhks86

by rlarldhks86

When you first encounter the bike would prefer the Aero model. Over time, in favor of a more all-round frame is nice , but Venge

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Dirkie wrote:Looks better than the weird rim brake version, at least if you can build a bike with a flat handlebar without spacers :)

Do you mean like this? The flat version of the handle bar has always been available. If your fit merits the flat bar and no spacers, it looks like this.

lovemyway

by lovemyway

I've ridden the new S-Works Disc Venge, found it fast but nowhere near as comfortable and stiff as new S-Works Tarmac.

eajohnson

by eajohnson

ProfessorChaos wrote:
Dirkie wrote:Looks better than the weird rim brake version, at least if you can build a bike with a flat handlebar without spacers :)

Do you mean like this? The flat version of the handle bar has always been available. If your fit merits the flat bar and no spacers, it looks like this.
(removed)

That's not so bad. The bike as pictured at the start of the thread is just ridiculous, you could ride an inflatable kiddy pool with wheels and it would be more aero than that because you'd be practically sitting upright. Aero bike + big stack height = enormous fail.

endershan

by endershan

Jhomewood wrote:Does anyone have any info on that new S-Works crankset?

They put it on their website:
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/components/sworks-carbon-road-crank-arms/116862

I wonder if they updated the crankset only to accommodate to the chain line change of the disc bike. Anyway, the only 2017 bike that comes with this crankset is venge vias disc.

The crank looks nice, at a specialized test ride event, the company guy told me that the new crank is stiffer than the old one, which is already stiffest on the market(according to fwb).