Venge Vias Disk is here....

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

It may weight the same as previous,beacouse,the first version has very heavy brakes.

In my opinion,the bike didn't look good,first version looks better.

Tarmac with disc brakes looks much better.

How much it will cost?/Anyone know??

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lovemyway

by lovemyway

Venge Vias Disk UDI2 (at least here) is worth around 8500$ and Venge Vias Expert Disk is around 5999$. The sworks version is around 12000$.
It's worth mentioning they all have the same, highest quality, 11r carbon frame (even the Expert model, but not the non-vias models).

I have mixed feelings about the bike but the people I know that rode this new version said it was a pleasure.

ichobi

by ichobi

The bike sagan and kittel rode looks great. This is one of the bike that only looks great with proper pro set up. Not much aesthetic threshold for mere mortals. #wallofspacers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

As I know peoples from Spec,they will say something like:maybe you are thinking,that disc brakes are less aero,but as we chacked in wind tunnel,they are more aero bla bla bla. We redesigned fork and rear part of frame,and now it's 1% more aerodynamic that first version.

BTW: Does any PRO rider,win any of great tours stage?? If Vias is world most Aero bike,it should be easy to winning on it. Adding most aero shoes,helmet,winning is a piece of cake.

topflightpro

by topflightpro

I'm pretty sure Sagan won a couple stages of the tour on his Vias. (Non-disc, of course.)

lovemyway

by lovemyway

Of course he did, Specialized is 2nd overall though, the first place belongs to Cervélo S5: http://road.cc/content/feature/198617-b ... ssful-five

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

Canyon aero and Ridley Noah SL both will have disc options as well. Strange times lol.

bas

by bas

Haven't read entire thread but reports from 2017 dealer show is that all Specialized road bikes will be disc only next year. Obviously they know something we don't regarding discs and racing.

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

When we look at this bike from the side,there's a lot of surface.

Now in road bikes we have the same situation,that was in MTB few years ago. Companies starts to produced only components for disc brakes,and V-brakes were puted down to the lowest/cheapest versions.

BTW: I wonder,which company as first made disc TT wheel for disc brakes:)

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

bas wrote:Haven't read entire thread but reports from 2017 dealer show is that all Specialized road bikes will be disc only next year. Obviously they know something we don't regarding discs and racing.

I have seen the dealer book, and there are a lot of rim brake options as well.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

topflightpro

by topflightpro

I still haven't upgraded all of my wheelsets and bikes to 11-speed. I'll be damned if I'm now going to start upgrading everything to disc brakes too. Any manufacturer that goes all disc will pretty much not get any business from me for the next 5 to 10 years.

wingguy

by wingguy

As if it wasn't heavy enough already they painted one gloss white?

That thing must weight 10 kilos :P

lovemyway

by lovemyway

http://road.cc/content/tech-news/198857 ... -vias-disc there's a new article on road.cc with few images. I find this brake setup pretty cool, especially hiding them inside of the frame. Article states "Specialized calls them Zero-Drag Brakes because, it claims, they create a “near-zero drag coefficient”"

EDIT: as @wingguy suggested, the quote applies to rim brake version, not the disc one, sorry for the confusion!
Last edited by lovemyway on Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wingguy

by wingguy

lovemyway wrote:http://road.cc/content/tech-news/198857-exclusive-first-look-specialized-venge-vias-disc there's a new article on road.cc with few images. I find this brake setup pretty cool, as article states "Specialized calls them Zero-Drag Brakes because, it claims, they create a “near-zero drag coefficient”"

That's referencing the rim brake version, not the disc brake version.

Full quote: "One of the key features of the rim brake Venge ViAS is that its brakes are integrated into the frame and fork. Specialized calls them Zero-Drag Brakes because, it claims, they create a “near-zero drag coefficient”."

The article doesn't say anything about the aerodynamics of the disc brakes, except that bolt-thru axles are better than QR-thru.

lovemyway

by lovemyway

Oops, you're right; I fixed my previous post!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com