Trek Warranty

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ozrider

by Ozrider

About 10 days ago I noticed a crack in my 3 year old Madones seat mast while swapping saddles.
Last Tuesday I took the bike into my LBS (Trek dealer) and the co-owner / mechanic inspected it and took a few photos, and emailed them off to Trek Australia.
By Monday this week I had confirmation that Trek USA was shipping a size 60 frame to replace my frame.
I do a lot of my own maintenance work but occasionally have my LBS tune the bike pre race (I race masters in their shop team) but always use a torque wrench and carbon paste, and usually use a lower torque setting than the max recommended.
This was damage they could easily have claimed that I had over tightened the seat mast and rejected the warranty claim.
I have also had 2 helmets replaced free of charge by the Bontrager 1 year crash replacement warranty after damaging them in a fall. With a fluoro Velocis I had to wait about 2 weeks for a replacement as there were non in stock in Australia, and with my black Ballista I had a replacement helmet in 3 days, and they swapped it to white which I requested, but they had no obligation to oblige.

Trek often cops a lot of flack on this and other forums, but from personal experience I can only praise them for quick resolution of a claim. Not something many other manufacturers can lay claim to.
It gives me confidence in buying their products.

Parlee Z5, Trek Madone, Jonesman Custom
Last edited by Ozrider on Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrgray

by mrgray

nice to hear a good story. great result for you.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

ardi69gain

by ardi69gain

Thanks for the sharing

Sent from my SM-A710F using Tapatalk

eric01

by eric01

Treks warranty is very good. Many years back I had a early 5200 model carbon frames dropout debond. Brought it in and I got a replacement frame. No hassles at all. Just had to wait on shipping times which is understandable.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

oldnslow2

by oldnslow2

I had the ratchet on my Bontrager shoes break, Trek mailed me a new pair in days.

I've also had quick replies from the tech staff via email.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RussellS

by RussellS

Ozrider wrote:(I race masters in their shop team)

Do you think that had anything to do with your warranty treatment?