Colnago v1-r bottom bracket

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pdiomidis

by pdiomidis

Hello, just a simple question, can you tell me what bottom bracket should i buy for Colnago V1-r frameset to install a Campagnolo Chorus 2015 crankset? Just from a simple search i found that this frame uses a so called Tread fit 82.5

Can you link me the bb cups from a web-shop?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Panos

TomColnago

by TomColnago

Hi there, the threadfit 82.5 is a sleave that threads into the frame which you press BB86 cups into so the frame isn't damaged if something goes wrong in installation and you just get a replacement sleeve. I believe for a campagnolo crankset you will need this bottom bracket but check with your lbs as I'm not clued up on the v1r but I think it's the same as a C60
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/campagnolo-ultr ... 60693885uk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pdiomidis

by pdiomidis

TomColnago wrote:Hi there, the threadfit 82.5 is a sleave that threads into the frame which you press BB86 cups into so the frame isn't damaged if something goes wrong in installation and you just get a replacement sleeve. I believe for a campagnolo crankset you will need this bottom bracket but check with your lbs as I'm not clued up on the v1r but I think it's the same as a C60
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/campagnolo-ultr ... 60693885uk

Ok that means i need bb86 cups generally.
Do you know also the diameter on it's bottom bracket?

joeyb1000

by joeyb1000

Correct. Use Ultra Torque BB86 cups. Same as C60. 41mm diameter. Also, there is a product called Mr. Ride (on Ebay) that replaces the whole Colnago shell, but I have not used it.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Just to clarify a couple things mentioned... The "sleeve" in the BB of the C60 (which I'm pretty sure is the same as the V1-R) is not replaceable. It is an integral part of the bottom bracket. And it is threaded. The Threadfit cups thread into this sleeve. These cups are what are replaceable. The Ultratorque cups from Campagnolo then press into the Threadfit cups on the Colnago.
The Mr. Ride product is simply an alternative to the Threadfit cups themselves, not the alloy sleeve that's part of the BB. It may have a protective sleeve between the two cups but that's just to protect the spindle and prevent rubbing of wires on the spindle if you're using EPS or Di2.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

pdiomidis

by pdiomidis

Thanks alot for you answer guys, i won't change anything on the sleeve that is coming already with the frame, just need to see what cups i need to mount campagnolo cranks.

So 86.5mm x 41mm bb86 cups are fine! I will head to buy them.

One more question, do you think 50s size is ok for 1,72 height with inseam 81?

corky

by corky

pdiomidis wrote:Thanks alot for you answer guys, i won't change anything on the sleeve that is coming already with the frame, just need to see what cups i need to mount campagnolo cranks.

You can make it work but I think maybe 48s is better.... I kinda have the same question and am 173 height.

pdiomidis

by pdiomidis

corky wrote:
pdiomidis wrote:Thanks alot for you answer guys, i won't change anything on the sleeve that is coming already with the frame, just need to see what cups i need to mount campagnolo cranks.

You can make it work but I think maybe 48s is better.... I kinda have the same question and am 173 height.

i think 48, has too short tob tube, i never ride 52x mm top tube, all my bikes top tubes was above 535 and was with 13 stem and worked perfect.

Also seat tube is 450, imagine i seat on 72.3 so i would have too much seatpot as a result way too much drop.

corky

by corky

Well we're all different, I currently ride an extreme Power horizontal top tube 54(50s)with 110 stem, couldn't go any longer without dropping to a 53cm(48s)frame.....but I do have relatively short arms

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com