Cannondale (poor) paint quality

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

stormur

by stormur

So , if you really do not know why I'm "upset" ( disapoinment is better word here ) that "top end" frame is finished worse than ( many chepaer frames I had/ saw ) it should be at this price point , I can't help you. Maybe you're used to accept overpriced crap, I don't.

buying 3k€ MRSP frame, positioned according to manufacturer ( and price ) as top tier in their range you have right to not expect peeling off paint, uneven carbon-alu transitions, production leftovers in frame and ANY OTHER issues which shouldn't happend in such product. IS it really so difficult to understand it ? If you pay more, you expect more, not less. Simple as that.

It is not difficult to manage that - most of competitors did. loong tome ago. Some frames on the market ( equal price / cheaper ) are splendid in straight comparison to piece which I own.

No idea how it sounds for you ( I'm responsible for what I wrote, NOT how you understand it ! ) , but I AM original owner .

If that wouldn't be Cannondale or Specialized ; would be any mercy for it on this forum ? ;) I doubt it. And that's my point.

I hope that Cannondale at least fulfill warranty commitment, and will solve problem as it should be done.

Same MRSP has Cipollini : made in Italy, not TW/CN , isn't it ?
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

So contact Cannondale and resolve the issue rather than sooking online and trying to pick an argument with a forum full of people who really aren't interested in pandering to your childish attitude. If you're the original owner there will be a waranty process to follow.
Simples.
Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stormur

by stormur

So you are vox populi ? :shock: Nope, you are not. I will do & write whatever I want- as everyone else. you're not gonna cry ?

However your post perfectly exposes and prove what I wrote : some brands can't be criticised here nor get not perfectly positive feedback :welcome:
Mark Twain

kgt

by kgt

Frames from Cannondale, Cervelo, Specialized, Fuji etc. may be at the top in terms of performance but that does not mean they are at the top in terms of materials, finishing, detailing, paintjob etc. They are far from that actually. If one wants the top in terms of materials and quality he certainly has to look elsewhere.
Just compare for example a hi-end Cannondale frame to a hi-end Time frame and you'll immediately see what I mean...

superdx

by superdx

Lots of reports on Cervelo forums about brand new 2016 R5 frames with paint chips. Might want to go yell at the sky about them too.

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

well Stomur is it possible that because ,just like me btw, you're not a native English speaker, your post come out sounding childish, bitter and just looking for an argument?

We're 2 pages in now, and nobody has tried to stop you from talking bad about your Cannondale experience yet, so that argument doesn't hold any water.

If you really intend to sound the way you do....count me out as well.

If you really want a serious discussion about Cannondale quality/prices and other high end manufactures ditto, you should perhaps rethink you approach and style

You can of cause as you said above, write whatever you like however you like, but please don't expect any quality feedback then

Oh and by the way, I don't own a Cannondale.

/Martin
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

stormur wrote:So you are vox populi ? :shock: Nope, you are not. I will do & write whatever I want- as everyone else. you're not gonna cry ?

However your post perfectly exposes and prove what I wrote : some brands can't be criticised here nor get not perfectly positive feedback :welcome:

Not defending Cannondale at all. Simply stating that being a petulant child on a forum will resolve nothing.
Using Tapatalk

stormur

by stormur

If expecting high end quality from high end product for high end price is childish - I am childish, same applies to sharing own REAL opinion, not sponsored or by any other mean supported by anyone. Isn't forum idea for that activity ?

If that let you think that I am "childish" ... 2 things : 1st: I am very sorry for you,really. Cause instead of have arguments or provide reasonable discussion- you make trip "ad personam"- behaviour so much characteristic for frustrated and/ or low educated ( qui pro quo).

If you don't like my posts : YOUR problem - don't read, don't reply. Fact you have access to net and device connected to it doesn't mean that even 1 person is interested in your opinion. And absolutely doesn't mean you should spread your "brilliant" thoughts.

I think that ends my comments to your posts. Waisting time and keyboard. Something tells me, that you still don't/ don't want / have business to not understand obvious.
Mark Twain

stormur

by stormur

kgt wrote:Frames from Cannondale, Cervelo, Specialized, Fuji etc. may be at the top in terms of performance but that does not mean they are at the top in terms of materials, finishing, detailing, paintjob etc. They are far from that actually. If one wants the top in terms of materials and quality he certainly has to look elsewhere.
Just compare for example a hi-end Cannondale frame to a hi-end Time frame and you'll immediately see what I mean...

You're right - I just finish build Cento Uno SR - WHAT A DIFFERENCE... this frame is done as it should be : "from head to toe". Same league, but in pricing only : in head to head comparison it's like Maserati vs Fiat. At EVERY point ( design, finish, paint, dimensions accuracy... ) . And no , unfortunately I'm not supported by W. or anyone else.

It's hard for me believe that poorly finished "outisde" product is "high end" inside and performs according to claims. Seriously. If any company can't manage relatively easy thing which is painting , or removing production process leftovers in the frame, should I trust declarations about everything else ? I don't think so...

Margins in frames manufacturing is enormous in comparison to other sport equipment ( have exact numbers if someone is interested ) , almost all production has been moved to low-paid workmanship countries... would be so difficult to pay for 1h more to painter ( 5 USD ? ) and for 2 more hours to finisher ( 10 USD ? ) to get 3500USD frame nice and neat ? That would be well spent 15 USD ( 10€ ). Better ( for me ) than sponsoring pro team.

For now, IMO if Cannondale ( applies to any other brand ) can't manage with that what I can see, I won't believe they're great at that what's "hidden".

But , be careful with your opinion about Cannondale here : you'll get every "patch" and epithet available to keep Cannondle "best for ever" ;) :mrgreen:
Mark Twain

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Yet no one has been overly defensive, simply asking what you did in order to resolve the issue. Go figure.
Using Tapatalk

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

People defend Cannondale: proves they're all sheep, or shills, and Stormur is right.
People say nothing. Proves that the king is naked, apparently, and Stormur is right.

So, with all due deference, what's the point? You've created a self-defeating loop of logic.

And the logical fallacy is ad hominem, not ad personam.