Lynskey R460

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JAGGY

by JAGGY

I've tried to search for the frame weight of the Lynskey R460.

Has anyone built one up and can provide raw weight and a ride review.

Also thinking of a J Guillem Forementor. No info and the www on this either.

best regards

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

I posted pictures of my Lynskey R460 in the "Introduce yourself" forum, "Show me your ti bikes" tread (page 89).

My 2015 R460 frame came in at 1690 grams. Including seatpost clamp, bottom bracket cable guide and cable adjustment screws on the headtube. Remember that the headset cups are bonded into the head tube, when comparing the weight with other Ti frames.

But in short, I love the R460. It has almost the same stiffness as the newest carbon frames, but with the added comfort you only get with titanium. To put that into perspective, the other bikes I've been riding the past year includes the Specialized S-Works Tarmac Disc, the Venge VIAS Pro and a Giant TCR Advanced SL ISP. Most of my previous Ti bikes have disappointed me, mostly because they didn't have the stiffness in the BB or headtube that I have come to expect from carbon bikes. I've owned the following titanium frames in this order: Opera Palladio, 2006 Litespeed Vortex Compact, 2009 Lynskey Helix, 2011 Lynskey Helix OS, 2012 Van Nicholas Astraeus, 2012 Litespeed Archon Ti, 2014 Kinesis Gran Fondo Ti V2.
The Litespeed's were the most disappointing, because they simply weren't stiff or comfortable to ride, which is a bit odd, since Ti frames mostly tend to be either one or the other.
Attachments
Lynskey2.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nobuseri

by nobuseri

I would love to have an R460; I still have my eyes peeled for one out there.

My XL Helix Pro frame is 1519g with what Ravnsnaes mentioned along with the integrated rear derailleur hanger. Almost done building it with SRAM Red. I will have it finished maybe this week and I can provide some feedback, if you're interested.
Cicli Barco XCr Road
Moots VaMoots
Parlee Z1
SuperX Hi-Mod Disc

jerrybrabus

by jerrybrabus

It`s my first time when i see this model Lynskey R460 but is very nice and i will find one :thumbup:

Ravnsnaes wrote:I posted pictures of my Lynskey R460 in the "Introduce yourself" forum, "Show me your ti bikes" tread (page 89).

My 2015 R460 frame came in at 1690 grams. Including seatpost clamp, bottom bracket cable guide and cable adjustment screws on the headtube. Remember that the headset cups are bonded into the head tube, when comparing the weight with other Ti frames.

But in short, I love the R460. It has almost the same stiffness as the newest carbon frames, but with the added comfort you only get with titanium. To put that into perspective, the other bikes I've been riding the past year includes the Specialized S-Works Tarmac Disc, the Venge VIAS Pro and a Giant TCR Advanced SL ISP. Most of my previous Ti bikes have disappointed me, mostly because they didn't have the stiffness in the BB or headtube that I have come to expect from carbon bikes. I've owned the following titanium frames in this order: Opera Palladio, 2006 Litespeed Vortex Compact, 2009 Lynskey Helix, 2011 Lynskey Helix OS, 2012 Van Nicholas Astraeus, 2012 Litespeed Archon Ti, 2014 Kinesis Gran Fondo Ti V2.
The Litespeed's were the most disappointing, because they simply weren't stiff or comfortable to ride, which is a bit odd, since Ti frames mostly tend to be either one or the other.

JAGGY

by JAGGY

Thankyou for the feedback. Its a tough decision. The frame will be 58cm and i weigh 100 KG with an ftp 0f 390. So the frame needs to be stiff and responsive for racing. If there is such a frame anyomne can recommend?

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

If you're after the stiffest most overbuilt Ti frame out there, you can't go wrong with the Lynskey R460. Ofcourse you could always order a custom made frame from any of the most well known Ti builders, but you may end up not liking the result, since you're effectively acting as a guinea pig (if you choose a full custom model, with a blend of different tube sizes and specs).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com