Stiffest and Strongest Bike Build

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kgt

by kgt

ardennes777 wrote:
kgt wrote:You really need to explain us where/how these frames were failed. At your 63kg it sounds really strange...
Anyway, you can look for heavier carbon frames which are overbuilt. Colnago C60 is a good choise. A Cipollini monocoque (like RB1000) would be another great choise.
You can even go custom.
In any case I would suggest you a lugged or 100% monocoque frame.

Yes of course. The RB1000 is up there aswell. The bold lines and oversized frame are particularly appealing to me. I have not heard the best things about Warranty support though and I am therefore hesitant (I recall someone waiting >6 months for a replacement frame)

The 'warranty support' problems are all related practically to a couple of cases. It became a big issue for some reason but the truth is that Cipollini's support is fine (at least IME). There was a guy in our forum who broke like 5 Cervelos in the row. That does not mean Cervelos are junk of course.
Anyway you can discuss with your country's Colnago or Cipollini dealers. Since you are in Europe I think you 'll be fine with any italian manufacturer. BTW all Colnagos or Cipollinis weight more than 1100gr for a reason. And the reason is not that they can not make lighter frames.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

by 11.4

This isn't really a matter of choosing different modulus carbon or different design features. This many broken frames from major manufacturers is either caused by how you're handling the frame (like how it's carried in or on vehicles) or how you are building it up. No offense intended, but nobody breaks bikes like that without a reason that isn't the fault of the bike. This is pilot error. I'd tell you to stick with the last warranty replacement you get and figure out what you're doing wrong. Then at least you have a major company who stands behind the frames.

kkibbler

by kkibbler

^^ Yes. I mean there are dudes with Olympic track golds sprinting in the TdF and they're not snapping Tarmacs.