adding weight to reach 6.8kg

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Kongbop

by Kongbop

The weight have to attach at lower position of frame or parts.
If not, she maybe feel more heavier than actual.

abrown3mtg

by abrown3mtg

Personally I couldn't imagine for a minute adding rotational weight in this case... skewers, and weight in the seat tube would be my only considerations. Inexpensive, easily removable, and no additional wind resistance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MoreRideTime

by MoreRideTime

I remember seeing photos of one of the pro teams set up area a few years back; they were using pieces of steel bolted under the water bottle cage to increase the bike weight.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Here's a stupid question. Shouldn't the UCI weight limit be reduced for female cyclists as female riders typically ride much smaller bikes (and unfortunately smaller salaries too) than their male counterparts? Likewise it's insanely unfair that a 60kg rider has to observe the same bike weight limit as a 90kg rider.

jonloh

by jonloh

I would think that a power-meter would be a good way to add weight yet provide a benefit when racing....assuming of course the bike has no power-meter now.

Zoro

by Zoro

pdlpsher1 wrote:Here's a stupid question. Shouldn't the UCI weight limit be reduced for female cyclists as female riders typically ride much smaller bikes (and unfortunately smaller salaries too) than their male counterparts? Likewise it's insanely unfair that a 60kg rider has to observe the same bike weight limit as a 90kg rider.

No. the point is having the same mass for all riders. I think the pay has nothing to do with it. As in all entertainment sports - good luck coming up with a fair pay structure based on anything other than what the performer can negotiate.

sawyer

by sawyer

Do what I used to do ... if it's not too hot, stick a cr@p load of ice down the seat tube and hope there's not too much waiting around on the start line during which people might notice your bike is leaking
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

thp

by thp

Put a watering/hydration system in the tubes? Sadly this is too funny, maybe movable ballast for balancing the bike a-la F1.

LeeCH

by LeeCH

I am proud of your friend attanding UCI racing game. garmin mount, bar tape, more heavy bottle cage..

RJKflyer

by RJKflyer

What about using a strip of lead between bottle cage and frame (using longer bolts obviously).

A 10cm x 2cm x 0.5cm (or 4" x 1" x 1/4") strip would add ca. 110g

Then you can trim it as you require.