Supersix Evo BB choices for SISL

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tarmackev

by tarmackev

Are there any other BB choices or do I have to stick with the PF30A?
Can I not press the bearings and cups out and replace them with something by wheels manufacturing?
I want to keep the SISL crank but I'm looking for something a little more solid or better wearing than the standard BB.
I'm aware I'm basically replacing like for like just with a just a different she'll, perhaps the tolerance of my shell is out.
Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you to all weightweenies members, this site is a treasure chest of valuable information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

topflightpro

by topflightpro

Yes, you can. I have the Wheels Mfg. angular contact BB30 bearings in my Caad 10.

nemeseri

by nemeseri

tarmackev wrote:Are there any other BB choices or do I have to stick with the PF30A?
Can I not press the bearings and cups out and replace them with something by wheels manufacturing?
I want to keep the SISL crank but I'm looking for something a little more solid or better wearing than the standard BB.
I'm aware I'm basically replacing like for like just with a just a different she'll, perhaps the tolerance of my shell is out.

Thank you to all weightweenies members, this site is a treasure chest of valuable information.

Kogel and c-bear offers PF30a BBs so I'd rather get those instead of modifing it at home.

nemeseri

by nemeseri

topflightpro wrote:Yes, you can. I have the Wheels Mfg. angular contact BB30 bearings in my Caad 10.

You have a BB30 bottom bracket and the OP has PF30a. Those are completely different.

nemeseri

by nemeseri

nemeseri wrote:
tarmackev wrote:Are there any other BB choices or do I have to stick with the PF30A?

Kogel and c-bear offers PF30a BBs so I'd rather get those instead of modifing it at home.

Hmm. I just checked and I only found converter BBs so I'm not that sure that they have something for you.

nemeseri

by nemeseri

BB Infinite has a module, but you have to fiddle with the cables a bit: http://www.bbinfinite.com/collections/3 ... mm-spindle

eric

by eric

nemeseri wrote:
topflightpro wrote:Yes, you can. I have the Wheels Mfg. angular contact BB30 bearings in my Caad 10.

You have a BB30 bottom bracket and the OP has PF30a. Those are completely different.

BB30, BB30a, PF30, PF30a all use the same bearings. I will second topflightpro's recommendation for the Wheels Mfg angular contact bearings. I have them in my PF30 mtb. They have much less drag than the usual deep groove ball bearings once they are preloaded and don't creak.

http://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/ca ... parts.html

tarmackev

by tarmackev

Many thanks, I'll get a hold of the wheels manufacturing bearings.

island

by island

@tarmackev - from my understanding PF30A is just a slightly longer PF30. Do you have the 2016 SSEvo HiMod?
( http://www.bbinfinite.com/blogs/news/85 ... all-solved )

I just bought the Wheels Manuf. PF30 Threaded Abec3 (top left on this page : http://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/pf ... ckets.html ) for a SSEvo HiMod 2015 (PF30).
I'm hoping that the threaded parts will keep the bearing aligned (and creak free). I hope :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tarmackev

by tarmackev

I have two Evo's, 2013 and the 2016 version.
I've heard from a good friend of Dan Martin that the Cannondale team preferred the 2013 version saying the newer one didn't feel as stiff and is no comfier.
Not sure if this applies to all versions of the new frame or just the versions the team ended up with.
I'm yet to ride either bike as I'm out with a long term injury, hopefully back on the bike by September.