inside an eTap blip

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BmanX

by BmanX

Can some of you post pictures of these switches installed.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

stevec1975 wrote:I got mine the other day, slightly lighter (2.8 grams) for a 185mm Length and they work perfectly.

Once installed in the shifter they are a pain to get back out (which is a good thing I suppose), when installed you can barely see them, which is the look I was going for, will update with a pic in the next day or so

Haha nice one so... in the back of the plug is a little pair of holes that is prolly mostly full of glue to water proof the plug but it's deep enough though to get a pick Into it and pop out the plug.. don't pull the shifter out by the wire :mrgreen:

Really happy to see you boys got the shipments :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stevec1975

by stevec1975

First attempt at install: (White circle is shifter)

Going to redo it as not 100% happy with it, did not want it under the bar tape, but might move it there.

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Redone these, bar tape end completely covers the switches, but you can feel them easily enough

jonb83

by jonb83

Can anyone confirm if 2.5mm plugs fit as I'm having trouble finding 2.35mm as earlier mentioned in the thread in the U.K

Thanks

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

got another 10 pairs of plugs in stock

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I just leave it as it is under the bars, a slight shift of my thumb only to use them when my hands are on the bar top. Image

coneill0422

by coneill0422

1flytriguy wrote:I made a few home made blips. Its pretty easy and i think most momentary normally open switches would work fine. The first set i made, I drilled out the plugs that came pre-installed in the shifters. I then connected it to a momentary switch hijacked out of an old computer mouse. see below for some pics.

Next set I started using some prewired connectors. I had to trim down the plastic/rubber a bit to get them to fit properly in the shifter. They work really well and fit a bit better then the hack job i did on the etap plugs. I am now searching for a better switch option. I'd like to find something similar in size to the computer mouse switches but rubber coated or encased somehow to make them more weather resistant. The hunt continues :) Here's a link to the prewired connectors I am using http://www.intertexelectronics.com/Philmore-48-410-240mm-x-075mm-DC-Plug-wCord-6-24-AWG-P10010.aspx

I'm curious if you could include a link to the push switch that you use to create a blip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lemond853

by lemond853

"so i have waterproof buttons both to suit the climbers and the sprinters..
i've also managed to 3d print the plugs.. "

Would you mind sharing the model for the plugs?

Thanks,
Scott

Carnkycolnago

by Carnkycolnago

sugarkane wrote:got another 10 pairs of plugs in stock

Im interested in a set of blips if you have more available .

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Carnkycolnago wrote:
sugarkane wrote:got another 10 pairs of plugs in stock

Im interested in a set of blips if you have more available .

sure man drop me an email.

lemond853 wrote:"so i have waterproof buttons both to suit the climbers and the sprinters..
i've also managed to 3d print the plugs.. "

Would you mind sharing the model for the plugs?

Thanks,
Scott

10 points for asking but yeah NO.. :shock:

1flytriguy

by 1flytriguy

coneill0422 wrote:
1flytriguy wrote:I made a few home made blips. Its pretty easy and i think most momentary normally open switches would work fine. The first set i made, I drilled out the plugs that came pre-installed in the shifters. I then connected it to a momentary switch hijacked out of an old computer mouse. see below for some pics.

Next set I started using some prewired connectors. I had to trim down the plastic/rubber a bit to get them to fit properly in the shifter. They work really well and fit a bit better then the hack job i did on the etap plugs. I am now searching for a better switch option. I'd like to find something similar in size to the computer mouse switches but rubber coated or encased somehow to make them more weather resistant. The hunt continues :) Here's a link to the prewired connectors I am using http://www.intertexelectronics.com/Philmore-48-410-240mm-x-075mm-DC-Plug-wCord-6-24-AWG-P10010.aspx

I'm curious if you could include a link to the push switch that you use to create a blip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took the buttons out of an old computer mouse. Pretty common part though just search mini momentary tact switch on ebay

dontpanic

by dontpanic

I could only find DC connector 2,35x0,75 instead of 2,4x0,75. Will this work or is it better to wait and order the right size?

2old4this

by 2old4this

These work.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GS ... UTF8&psc=1
You have to shave the plastic around the connector but...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Damian75

by Damian75

Do any of you who are making these know if it is possible to wire two together to make a single button to do a front shift or splice a third button into two of the regular ones. I have a friend running etap who only has the use of one hand and something like this would make his life so much easier. Thanks for any input you can give.