2016 Felt AR FRD and running Sram Force 1 mechanical group on it?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gerardk1111

by gerardk1111

I just got a new Felt AR FRD frame. was not really looking to get one, but friend of mine purchased one, build it, rode it once or twice and switching to a different size, so gave a very sweet/ hard to resist deal and I took it.

I currently don't have any electronic group sets laying around, and quiet frankly huge fan of new Force 1 group. Have it on my Focus Izalco Max bike and love it. Running 52t w/ 11-36 and getting all the gear ratios I need here in Chicago. Mostly flat terrain with occasional running hills.

Is it possible to install Force 1 on Electronic specific frame??? Keep in mind NO front derailleur w/ Force 1, just RD I am worrying about. There has to be a way to run the shift cable back there and install some sort of cable stop up front.

If you have any trade tricks/ suggestions. Please help.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Marin

by Marin

Your options:

- Run full housing externally
- Glue stops to the frame and run external
- Drill / file new ports and use Cervelo cable stops
- Modify the Di2 ports somehow
- Run Shimano Di2 1x? Why Force, you don't need a heavy MTB derailleur. Depending on your hanger, a long cage shimano derailleur will shift to a 36 - my 6800 did on my CX frame.

gerardk1111

by gerardk1111

Thank you.

I like the idea of Shimano Di2 1x. I did not know you can do this. Or how would you do this?? Install standard crank with just 1 large ring (remove the small ring), or do they make 1x Di2????

gerardk1111

by gerardk1111

I agree, the weight of Force 1 RD is killing me. I already switched to a much lighter cassette and set of wheels to offset the RD weight.
But no way to drop under 13lbs with my Focus with that RD.