Canyon CF SLX Di2 8.0

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Dazzy2p1976

by Dazzy2p1976

Hello all,

Just joined today so hello to everyone.

I have a question about the Canyon SF SLX Di2 8.0, I want to get my seat closer to the handle bars as I've used the giant aero clamps to put Tri bars on to get in an aero position on events.
Thing is the Handlebars are pretty forward and low, making me stretch a little to get position, does anyone know of any seat posts that will fit the Canyon Aeroad at all please to bring the seat closer.
Failing that i was thinking of buying an after market shorter stem and the Giant aero SLR bars to put on, not sure if anyone has done this.

Thanks guys and help is highly appreciated, I have attached a few photo's.

Regards

Daz
Attachments
IMG_0732.JPG
IMG_0756.JPG
IMG_0785.JPG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GT56

by GT56

a saddle with a longer nose (this one seems quite short) may resolve your issue

not sure if canyon sell aftermarket seatposts with less setback, did you check ?

tomtom

by tomtom

There are no other seatposts for the Aeroad (CF SLX is not enough info :-))! But you can easily turn the saddle clamp (I have done it also) by just reversing it. The setback will be much less..... Good luck!
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

Dazzy2p1976

by Dazzy2p1976

OK did that thanks, its the 2016 model, red and black, Reynolds clinchers. I guess Canyon are very unique with their bikes.

Dazzy2p1976

by Dazzy2p1976

Found a profile design seat here it is https://www.amazon.com/Profile-Design-R ... B005FEP3LW looks long enough

Either that or an ISM seat but not sure which one. It's a shame the seat post was not the same shape as the speedster.

I phoned Canyon and spoke to a great guy in Germany, my H11 cockpit is 110 mm, he said said it back and they will give me a shorter size, however this leave me with out handlebars for a few weeks. I was thinking of buying a Giant contact SL stem with 1 and 1/4. And the the SL aero bar, they offered me a V13 stem but at a price.

Thanks very much.