New Time Trial Bikes for 2017

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

aerodynamiq

by aerodynamiq

Hey guys!

What's the latest on the TT bikes for 2017? So far Pinarello is updating their Bolide to 'Il Bolide', adding some new brake fairings (even though you can't call them that) while reducing a lot of weight.

But Pinarello can't be the only brand to come up with something new?!

Heard anything from BMC, Specialized, Cannondale etc?
velonode.cc

wingguy

by wingguy

aerodynamiq wrote:So far Pinarello is updating their Bolide to 'Il Bolide', adding some new brake fairings (even though you can't call them that) while reducing a lot of weight.

Uh, yeah you can, because brake fairings are allowed. It's explicitly written in the rules.

They've done more than that as well, most of the tube shaping is different as well as a more compact frame shape and new front end. I'm not much of a Pina fan and have no use for a TT bike (especially a £10k frameset one) but god it looks amazing.

Cervelo have been talking about releasing their P5 successor for a while now. Initially the launch was slated for mid march but was delayed because they said they needed to redesign the bike due to new technology coming through. Then a few weeks ago they said it was about to come out, but still nothing. Hopefully it'll be at the Tour otherwise I've no idea what's going on!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Isn't the P5 successor going to be Tri only? THat is the impression that I got.

Dimension data look to be riding the P5 with another new paintjob. Will be number 3 for the frame if it's released to the public.

jimborello

by jimborello

I guess they will come with disc brakes

aerodynamiq

by aerodynamiq

jimborello wrote:I guess they will come with disc brakes

Highly doubtful ;)
velonode.cc

Enda Marron

by Enda Marron

Has anyone got a sniff of a Cannondale UCC legal TT frame for 2017?

wingguy

by wingguy

Enda Marron wrote:Has anyone got a sniff of a Cannondale UCC legal TT frame for 2017?

No... but we just bought a ton of current Slices of all levels at a big discount from 'Dale. Make of that what you will :P

jekyll man

by jekyll man

That you're going to end up with a load of old slices that you can't shift even at a big discount? :noidea:
Official cafe stop tester

wingguy

by wingguy

Not at the rate we're selling them at the moment mate, but your concern is appreciated :wink:

Grill

by Grill

All I want is the Lapierre Aerostorm DRS.

aerodynamiq

by aerodynamiq

Grill wrote:All I want is the Lapierre Aerostorm DRS.

It's a nice looking bike - I agree. Myself looking at the new Giant Trinity...
velonode.cc

wingguy

by wingguy

aerodynamiq wrote:It's a nice looking bike - I agree. Myself looking at the new Giant Trinity...

Then don't look too long. The number of those that Giant release into the world is tiny, and availability is always super low - particularly in the Pro.

aerodynamiq

by aerodynamiq

wingguy wrote:
aerodynamiq wrote:It's a nice looking bike - I agree. Myself looking at the new Giant Trinity...

Then don't look too long. The number of those that Giant release into the world is tiny, and availability is always super low - particularly in the Pro.

Really?
velonode.cc

wingguy

by wingguy

aerodynamiq wrote:
wingguy wrote:

Really?

Yep. In the higher models they barely seem to make enough to fulfill pre-orders, let alone in season sales. If you want one and you know a shop that has one in your size, then buy it.

Also make sure that it will fit. The stock front end has 35mm of pad stack adjustment, total.

aerodynamiq

by aerodynamiq

wingguy wrote:
aerodynamiq wrote:
wingguy wrote:

Really?

Yep. In the higher models they barely seem to make enough to fulfill pre-orders, let alone in season sales. If you want one and you know a shop that has one in your size, then buy it.

Also make sure that it will fit. The stock front end has 35mm of pad stack adjustment, total.

Is there any easy and stylish way to get around the stack adjustments?
velonode.cc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com