New Time Trial Bikes for 2017

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rowdysluggins

by rowdysluggins

Looks like the Planet X EXO3 is a bargain. ( ...runs for cover).

wingguy

by wingguy

aerodynamiq wrote:
Is there any easy and stylish way to get around the stack adjustments?

You could get some longer bolts and 3d print some spacers, but I wouldn't necessarily trust the base bar to take too much extra leverage.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TarugoKing

by TarugoKing

I would like to get my hands on this ANDEAN....

ms6073

by ms6073

I know the bike above is not intended for UCI competition, but can't help thinking back to the road and TT technologies of the early 90s that lead to the UCI to implement tech rules limiting weight and design in order to assure safety and afford a more level 'playing field', thus preventing teams with the most money from dominating the sport.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

hambini

by hambini

I'd second the Andean, it looks ridiculously fast
Hambini Aeronautical Engineer, Polluting YouTube since 2016 - views expressed are my own...

Grill

by Grill

ms6073 wrote:I know the bike above is not intended for UCI competition, but can't help thinking back to the road and TT technologies of the early 90s that lead to the UCI to implement tech rules limiting weight and design in order to assure safety and afford a more level 'playing field', thus preventing teams with the most money from dominating the sport.

None of those bikes are close to as fast as current TT bikes that fit the UCI envelope. Same goes for current tri bikes as there are only a handful that can truly compete at low yaw (and most have a UCI legal version).

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Few peaks of the new Factor Slick

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bardet- ... r-tt-bike/

Interesting saddle clamping area and frontal design.
Just ride ..

wingguy

by wingguy

They went to all the trouble of testing Bardet on the bike in a windtunnel but they didn't have him wearing a helmet? :noidea:

Grill

by Grill

itsacarr wrote:Few peaks of the new Factor Slick

Considering their best TTer is using a painted Plasma 5, I doubt this will be anything special.

wingguy

by wingguy

Grill wrote:

Considering their best TTer is using a painted Plasma 5, I doubt this will be anything special.

Irrelevant. All of their TTers were using Plasmas because the Factor Slick didn't exist this season. When he said 'new' he really did mean 'new'.

Grill

by Grill

wingguy wrote:
Grill wrote:

Irrelevant. All of their TTers were using Plasmas because the Factor Slick didn't exist this season. When he said 'new' he really did mean 'new'.

I know, my point is that the likelihood that the Slick is more than negligibly faster than the Plasma 5 is slim to none.

wingguy

by wingguy

Grill wrote:
wingguy wrote:
Grill wrote:Considering their best TTer is using a painted Plasma 5, I doubt this will be anything special.

I know, my point is that the likelihood that the Slick is more than negligibly faster than the Plasma 5 is slim to none.

Well, the likelihood is that no TT bike is more than negligible faster than the Plasma 5.

My point is that your statement 'considering their best TTer is using...' is irrelevant and a non-sequitur. All of their TTers had to be using something something else this season, because the Slick didn't exist. There is no implied comparison to be made.