Iphone 6 mount for racing bike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Asteroid

by Asteroid

superdx wrote:haha yup, iPhone screen is quite poor at viewing angles. Get a proper cycling computer. One light rain shower and your phone is toast

Um, a light rain will not toast your iPhone. With my iPhone6 mounted on my Quadlock, any hint of moisture, just quickly detach it and toss in your jersey pocket.

My sole complaint is leaving the iPhone screen on - combined with the necessary GPS tracking - will drain the battery in about two hours or so. On longer rides, I carry an external power charger to keep my phone fully charged. Or simply turn off the screen if I forget the external battery.

It's kind of cool to access a couple apps, texts, or e-mails at a stoplight. All while not interrupting the Strava feed.
Oldbie

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dfischer1

by dfischer1

bleko wrote:Hello Guys,

I just bought a Foil 10 2016 and would need a good iphone holder...

Thanks you !

Rear left pocket.

gsindela

by gsindela

I have the quad lock for my 7 plus. Works very well.
2015 Storck Scenero G3, Force 22, Ultegra wheels, Zipp AL bars, stem, post

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

iPhone 6, just got one and can say, this device and the words 'race bike' should never be used in the same sentence.
It does not even come with me in my pocket. Completely inconvenient phone; happy that I did not pay for it.

thestedmans82

by thestedmans82

lewolive wrote:My experience on Quad lock/Iphone6 is great, with 25000km of pleasure. It's safe for the iphone and offers a good protection in case of light rain.
I also use the Quad lock case all the time in order to protect the phone.
I'll probably buy the next QuadLock for Iphone 7 this Fall...

The iPhone 7 fits perfectly into the iPhone 6 case - if you need the camera you simply need to enlarge the camera hole with a file - have used the iPhone 7 in quad lock (6) case for 3000km without issue - and its waterproof so doesn't need clear waterproof front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk