SWorks Venge Vias or Pinarello F8

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mile2424

by mile2424

apparently not on sale anymore. I guess they spoke to soon....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

topflightpro

by topflightpro

mile2424 wrote:apparently not on sale anymore. I guess they spoke to soon....

Just saw that. Seems pretty stupid to me. And their explanation was even more dumb.

DavidMLee

by DavidMLee

F8Xlight's weight limit doesn't make sense to me..

I would choose F8 over Venge tho..
Legend HT 9.5 RED 22
Colnago C60 Super Record
S-Works Tarmac 2016 eTap
S-Works Tarmac 2015 DA
Cervelo R3 2015 UT
Cervelo S2 2014 UT
Spesh Venge Elite 105

Samklee15

by Samklee15

topflightpro wrote:
mile2424 wrote:apparently not on sale anymore. I guess they spoke to soon....

Just saw that. Seems pretty stupid to me. And their explanation was even more dumb.

Why did they end the sale? I can't seem to find any info on its untimely demise.

fogman

by fogman

Another thread on this forum indicated that Pinarello is not taking any orders for the Dogma F8 XLight because they have reached the 200 order limit. Is this not the case?
viewtopic.php?t=140002

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

topflightpro

by topflightpro

Samklee15 wrote:Why did they end the sale? I can't seem to find any info on its untimely demise.

I have no idea. But their explanation made zero sense. I had to read the email twice to figure out what they hell they were talking about.

As someone else noted on another forum, Specialized probably had a large stock of Viases and someone said, hey, let's reduce the price by 25 percent to stoke sales and get them out the door. Then some other executive saw the sale and flipped out about the optics of such a sale for their premier bike/frame and cancelled the sale.

Either way, the company looks stupid.

But honestly, I was considering getting one at 25 percent off. I'm not anymore.

wingguy

by wingguy

topflightpro wrote:I have no idea. But their explanation made zero sense. I had to read the email twice to figure out what they hell they were talking about.

What did they say?

Any chance of a copy/paste?

topflightpro

by topflightpro

Here's the email text:

SUBJECT: We Picked the Wrong Line...

TEXT: "AND NOW, THE RELEGATION

It happens all the time in the sprint—your head is down, the elbows are out, and you're full-steam ahead before you realize you've been put on the barriers. For lack of a better metaphor, this is what happened when we told you that our Venge ViAS was going to be on sale.

We'd like to apologize for calling our line wrong with this promotion—we jumped our sprint too soon. We'll lead it out better on the next stage.

Thanks for understanding."

wingguy

by wingguy

Haha yeah, they're kinda letting the metaphors get in the way of the message there!

kgt

by kgt

That is the worst excuse I have ever heard...
A dissapointed client sued them maybe and they had to cancel the sale. I really cannot think of any other reason.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Why? Stuff goes on sale all the time.

I don't sue the supermarket when I go back the next day and the Kale I brought yesterday has been discounted 25%.

Sent from my BlackBerry PRIV using Tapatalk

kgt

by kgt

A frame that costs thousands of dollars has nothing to do with products sold in a supermarket... I guess you wouldn't like to hear that the new frame you bought on Monday costs 25% less on Tuesday.

sharph

by sharph

I did not read this thread till yesterday. Heard about the sale last weekend, went to buy a Vias yesterday and found out the sale is off. Shop acted like they had never heard of the sale. I had concerns about getting it anyway and now I am not sure if I will buy one.

wingguy

by wingguy

kgt wrote:A frame that costs thousands of dollars has nothing to do with products sold in a supermarket... I guess you wouldn't like to hear that the new frame you bought on Monday costs 25% less on Tuesday.

So? It happens to every bike, every year. If they aren't sold out then sooner or later they will be on sale - and for a lot more than 25%

If you want a bike now, you buy it now for what it costs now. If you want it cheaper and you're happy to wait and to risk it selling out, then wait and buy it later. But if you buy it now and it gets cheaper later, well, that's life.

kgt

by kgt

No, it does not happen to every bike, every year. ViAS is not like an old or discontinued model to be on sale and 25% is a huge reduction for a 2016 model. Obviously the guys at Specialized understood they made a big mistake. They admit it by saying: "We'd like to apologize for calling our line wrong with this promotion-we jumped our sprint too soon. We'll lead it out better on the next stage."
That's why they had to cancel the sale and that was the right thing to do.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com