SWorks Venge Vias or Pinarello F8

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

matrix

by matrix

After a long time of preparation, I'm ready to make a huge bike purchase. I am stuck deciding between these two. The F8 is a great allrounder that Team Sky uses. Seems great for hill climbs. On the otherhand, the VIAS is pure speed and aerodynamics with a slight weight penalty. What are your guys' thoughts on the two superbikes?

kkibbler

by kkibbler

What are you riding currently and what type of riding do you do the most of?

VIAS and F8 are different enough that if you knew what kind of rider you are, and if you have researched those bikes at least a little bit, you probably wouldn't need to ask for other people's opinions.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

duvivr6

by duvivr6

Pina F8, because I dislike ugly as sin bikes!

matrix

by matrix

I currently own a Kestrel Talon Triathlon/TT bike with aero wheels setup. I'm comfortable with being tucked aero for long periods of time. The venge pays homage to the speeds on flats, whereas the F8 would be my first legitimate roadbike with climbing capabilities.. Though 7.05 vs 7.7kg doesn't seem too much of a big sacrifice . Despite the reviews, it's still hard for me to pick a side.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

What do you use your Kestrel for, generally road riding/racing or tri/tt? Is it set up as a tt bike with tt bar set up or do you hav eit set up for road and clip on a set of tt bars?

topflightpro

by topflightpro

I'm kind of lusting after a Vias now. I don't know why. I thought it was pretty ugly when I first saw it, but now I kind of want it.

Of course, I want the Vias in addition to my Gallium Pro, which would be my really light bike.

Something to consider is that the Vias is kind of a PIA to set up, and you are limited to Specialized's Vias-specific bars and stems

glepore

by glepore

kkibbler wrote:What are you riding currently and what type of riding do you do the most of?

VIAS and F8 are different enough that if you knew what kind of rider you are, and if you have researched those bikes at least a little bit, you probably wouldn't need to ask for other people's opinions.

Exactly. Even pros paid to ride Spesh ride Venge or Tarmac when the road goes uphill much.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

I just built my second ViAS, this time with eTap. Needless to say it was SO much easier than my first build with mechanical Red. I'm super biased and love the ViAS and its my road race bike this year but have a lot of respect for the F8. I think either would be a fantastic purchase.

kkibbler

by kkibbler

SLCBrandon wrote:I just built my second ViAS, this time with eTap. Needless to say it was SO much easier than my first build with mechanical Red. I'm super biased and love the ViAS and its my road race bike this year but have a lot of respect for the F8. I think either would be a fantastic purchase.

That sounds sick. Photos pls. :D

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

^Absolutely, just got it done the other day. I'll get some photos and maybe start a thread.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

F8Xlight ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

spartan

by spartan

dogma is lighter/stiffer/more compliant/superior brakes and only 2 watts penalty in aero.

when you factor in the lighter total bike build weight it is a no brainer.
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

Kongbop

by Kongbop

F8Xlight should be better

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sawyer

by sawyer

F8 no question

Vias is weird looking, don't like the front end integration, and not a climbers' bike by all accounts

In fact I'd rather have an S-Works Tarmac to a Vias by some way ... Tarmacs do have some great "colorways"
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup: