SWorks Venge Vias or Pinarello F8

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DartanianX

by DartanianX

han1337 wrote:Mechanic Quality - Amount of Integration = Brake Quality

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I disagree, my brakes feel, and perform as good as my Campagnolo Record and my Dura Ace 9000.

Sent from my BlackBerry PRIV using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spartan

by spartan

venge is not selling well. so...madone9/dogma/cervelo no discounts :(

21 STAGES, 5 MINUTES OF SAVINGS
We love Le Tour. For us, it's the satisfaction of seeing years of hard work make the fastest sprinters, well, faster on the sport's largest stage. We don't want the Kittels and Sagans of the world to have all the fun, though, which is why we're making it easier for you to cheat the wind throughout this year's Tour.

Through July 24th, you can save 25% on all Venge ViAS models, from the S-Works ViAS to the Venge ViAS Pro, so you can save more time, while also saving more money. It's a match made in France.
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

DavidMLee

by DavidMLee

Vias has inferior aero performance.. and that thing is heavy.

If you really go for an aero bike, why not look at Madone?
Legend HT 9.5 RED 22
Colnago C60 Super Record
S-Works Tarmac 2016 eTap
S-Works Tarmac 2015 DA
Cervelo R3 2015 UT
Cervelo S2 2014 UT
Spesh Venge Elite 105

kgt

by kgt

spartan wrote:venge is not selling well. so...madone9/dogma/cervelo no discounts :(

21 STAGES, 5 MINUTES OF SAVINGS
We love Le Tour. For us, it's the satisfaction of seeing years of hard work make the fastest sprinters, well, faster on the sport's largest stage. We don't want the Kittels and Sagans of the world to have all the fun, though, which is why we're making it easier for you to cheat the wind throughout this year's Tour.

Through July 24th, you can save 25% on all Venge ViAS models, from the S-Works ViAS to the Venge ViAS Pro, so you can save more time, while also saving more money. It's a match made in France.

It now becomes clear that the Venge ViAS was so much pushed during the last couple of months in order to gain more credit and become more desirable. Now, this 25% reduction of the price explains everything...

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

I'd say the main reason for poor VIAS sales are prices. The S-Works Vias frameset at full msrp is much, much more expensive than the previous generation Venge. Granted, you get stem, handlebars and brakes included in the price, but that means little to the people transfering parts from their old frames, as they'd likely take a loss selling the old parts.

On a side note, I'm tired of all the VIAS bashing idiots on this forum. I've owned a Vias Pro for a couple of months, and can only say it rides and handles excellent, much better than the old Venge and the current Canyon Aeroad in fact. I don't know what all the fuss concerning the brakes is all about, they work as well as everything else I've tried (I'd say better than Sram Red Aerolink brakes for sure).

XCProMD

by XCProMD

Ravnsnaes wrote:I'd say the main reason for poor VIAS sales are prices. The S-Works Vias frameset at full msrp is much, much more expensive than the previous generation Venge. Granted, you get stem, handlebars and brakes included in the price, but that means little to the people transfering parts from their old frames, as they'd likely take a loss selling the old parts.

On a side note, I'm tired of all the VIAS bashing idiots on this forum. I've owned a Vias Pro for a couple of months, and can only say it rides and handles excellent, much better than the old Venge and the current Canyon Aeroad in fact. I don't know what all the fuss concerning the brakes is all about, they work as well as everything else I've tried (I'd say better than Sram Red Aerolink brakes for sure).

I don't give a damn about the Vias (have tried it and find I didn't like it, but that happens with many other bikes) but isn't a little harsh to insult people that have an opinion that's different than yours?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

spartan

by spartan

new brakes for vias.

right is the new one.. specialized should offer free upgrade to all current owners

http://road.cc/content/tech-news/195854 ... ns-stage-3
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

topflightpro

by topflightpro

Ravnsnaes wrote:I'd say the main reason for poor VIAS sales are prices. The S-Works Vias frameset at full msrp is much, much more expensive than the previous generation Venge. Granted, you get stem, handlebars and brakes included in the price, but that means little to the people transfering parts from their old frames, as they'd likely take a loss selling the old parts.

I don't think that's truly a real issue. The S-Works Vias frameset MSRP was $6,200. F8 is $5,750. By comparison, a C60 is $6k and a Look 795 aerolight is $7k, so the price is in range of other high-end frames. And as you mentioned, the Vias comes with brakes, bar and stem.

bas

by bas

The main reason I've just ordered a Vias is because its effectively $4k cheaper than equivalent spec Madone. I'd prefer the Trek but that price difference is too much to ignore.

bas

by bas

Going to make sure they fit the new brakes beforehand too!

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Well, the need for a brake revision confirms what many have been saying about the brakes......

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

topflightpro wrote:

I don't think that's truly a real issue. The S-Works Vias frameset MSRP was $6,200. F8 is $5,750. By comparison, a C60 is $6k and a Look 795 aerolight is $7k, so the price is in range of other high-end frames. And as you mentioned, the Vias comes with brakes, bar and stem.

That might be the case on the US market, where US brands are more competetively priced than in europe. But the current 25% discount on Specialized stuff means, that the S-Works Vias frameset is now about the same price as a Dogma F8 and C60 at full MSRP (in europe). And yes, the top-end Madone is much, much more money still.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

And the S5 frameset is at least 1000-1500 EUR cheaper than Dogma / Venge ;), can be built in virtually minutes with any component choice, geometry wise is great, handles great... of course, no endurance bike, but good enough for at least 3+ hours of hammering.

If left only with the originally presented choice, I'd take the Pinarello for its versatility.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I would like to ask, why didn't you include Madone here?

Pinarello is very nice to look and probably a great frame. But i would certainly not take Madone out of the question.
It seems extremely interesting!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

topflightpro

by topflightpro

Ravnsnaes wrote:That might be the case on the US market, where US brands are more competetively priced than in europe. But the current 25% discount on Specialized stuff means, that the S-Works Vias frameset is now about the same price as a Dogma F8 and C60 at full MSRP (in europe). And yes, the top-end Madone is much, much more money still.

Interesting. I did not know that price were so different in Europe.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com