SWorks Venge Vias or Pinarello F8

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

VengeSWrks

by VengeSWrks

jhalmar wrote:
VengeSWrks wrote:I made a switch from first generation Venge to an F8 and I am glad that I did it. F8 all the way!!!!

I have 2012 Venge Expert (56cm) at the moment and have thought about changing the frame to F8. I have already updated almost everything except the frame (Sram Red eTap, Enve 6.7 wheels and Enve cockpit). Could you describe the F8 about how is it so much better than Venge?

My Pinarello shop here in Italy gave me a hell of a deal that I couldn't refuse because they were tired of seeing me on a Venge. Anyways, you can immediately feel the structural difference when you are mashing on the pedals. Very stiff and it and propels easily propels itself forward with ease. Descending with the F8 down Mt. Etna is much more inspiring than my Venge. On climbs, I could immediately feel the difference in power transfer while seated and or standing.

What I am currently running on my F8 that was transferred over from my Venge.
Reynolds Strike SLG wrapped with GP4000s2
Ultegra Di2 Gruppo
Zipp bars

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sd5500

by sd5500

Probably a dumb question or maybe hard to answer, but what should I expect to feel going from a 2012 Pinarello Paris to a F8?

lowside67

by lowside67

$4,000 lighter in your wallet (assuming a frame only upgrade). :)

Sorry can't help more.

Mark

sd5500

by sd5500

lowside67 wrote:$4,000 lighter in your wallet (assuming a frame only upgrade). :)

Sorry can't help more.

Mark

Trollin your post count?

lowside67

by lowside67

sd5500 wrote:Trollin your post count?

Not much of a sense of humour I see... no need to increase post count, just making a joke. However, there are many F8 reviews posted already by both professional reviewers and amateurs alike. Not sure what you expect to gather here that does not already exist...

Mark

sd5500

by sd5500

lowside67 wrote:
sd5500 wrote:Trollin your post count?

Not much of a sense of humour I see... no need to increase post count, just making a joke. However, there are many F8 reviews posted already by both professional reviewers and amateurs alike. Not sure what you expect to gather here that does not already exist...

Mark

That was my humor (correctly spelled...see, more HUMOR).

Yes, I've read the reviews. My question was directed towards someone that, by chance, has ridden both a lower end Pina AND the F8. Yes, thats reaching, thus the way I worded my question.

lowside67

by lowside67

sd5500 wrote:That was my humor (correctly spelled...see, more HUMOR).

"Correctly spelled" is a bit of a laugh... I think you mean "American spelled" since the rest of the English speaking world spells it correctly as "Humour".

Mark (a Canadian with a dictionary)

PS (All of this is simply because the F8 is very near or at the top of my wish list but I can't nearly justify it. I don't think there is going to be anybody who can give you a direct comparison between the two as I would imagine the market for a $5,000+ frameset is going to be coming from a different but much more high end frameset before it. However, I think the consensus is also that you are going to have a hard time finding anything other than enjoyment out of such a stunning frameset.)

VengeSWrks

by VengeSWrks

It helps to know people who are close to Pinarello. :D

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

No question here really. If it isn't S-Works it isn't coming in my door.

nigajoa1

by nigajoa1

I recommend Pinarello F8.
SWorks Venge Vias is currently a lot of claims. And it is expected to be recalled for resale.

4151zero

by 4151zero

I love my S-works F8, just kidding

I really love my F8, and my S-works TARMAC is hooked up to my trainer.