Shoutout to Karbon..........

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

STARNUT

by STARNUT

The Handmade Bike Show is over. Post up that Pauano :D !!! I'm chompin' at the bit man! Lets see it!

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

bikemesenger
Shop Owner

by bikemesenger

He told me that he needs to get a camera, if he would stop buying new bikes he could get a new camera :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

STARNUT

by STARNUT

Classic!

Dude has how many rides and no camera? Get that man a camera!

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

Karbon

by Karbon

The last one failed because I used to ride with it in my pocket, heat and sweat are nasty stuff for electronics!

I need to buy a new one, but the variety is crazy, any suggestions for a good, not so expensive small camera? I don't want to spend a fortune and break it six months later...

drjones96

by drjones96

I don't have much experience with cameras but I'll tell you what I know.

I had a Kodak EasyShare camera that was about $150 that I bought in 2002. It survived everyday usage and drops and even a dunk in the swimming pool (oops, my bad :lol: ). It took great outdoor shots but indoor shots were often yellow toned or something. It finally met it's demise when our toddler grabbed it and ran then dropped it on the concrete. This broke off the battery door. I got some rubber bands to hold it on and it actually still works but it's too much of a pain to deal with. (I'll post it on ebay if you want it :lol: )

Next we got a Canon PowerShot S1 IS http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/contro ... delid=9824 . It takes beautiful pictures. We got it in November and we're still trying to figure it out. Pretty complicated if you aren't much of a photographer. Hold 4 AA batteries so the battery life is longer than the last camera that only held 2. It can also take video with sound. It takes pretty good video however they are very large in space. I don't really know why but it's pretty obserd how big they get. We bought a 512MB card so we could take vid's every once in a while. You can reduce the resolution and frame rate to make the files smaller. This camera is heavy though! You couldn't just put it in your jersey pocket; well I suppose you could but you'd be hurtin by the time you had ridden about 10 miles or so because it would beat up on you every time you hit a bump.

As far as quality goes I can recommend Canon. They have some point and shoot cameras that would be more condusive to jersey pockets and 'on the fly' shots. I'd recommend maybe getting a little baggy to put it in if you're going to ride with it back there a lot.

mises

by mises

I have had a Pentax Optio S4 for a couple years that fits in an Altoids tin. I just put a little thin foam inside the tin and it's a great (very cheap) case for riding. Has an actual zoom lens too.

Frasertri

by Frasertri

Karbon wrote:The last one failed because I used to ride with it in my pocket, heat and sweat are nasty stuff for electronics!

I need to buy a new one, but the variety is crazy, any suggestions for a good, not so expensive small camera? I don't want to spend a fortune and break it six months later...

Any digital camera older than 3 weeks is already obsolete! :lol:

That said, I just got a Casio Exilim EX-Z110 on the advice of my Bro, and it's superb - and compact! You can get it for ~$169, and it's 6 megapixel. :thumbup:

http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Casio_EX ... asio/skd=1

Skyleth

by Skyleth

Frasertri wrote:Any digital camera older than 3 weeks is already obsolete! :lol:

Things must be slowing down... a few years ago electronics used to be obsolete once you opened to box ;)
Rule #1. Superheroes Wear Tights

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spytech

by spytech

Karbon wrote:The last one failed because I used to ride with it in my pocket, heat and sweat are nasty stuff for electronics!

canon has great auto settings, their auto is very good - model sd450. www.dpreview.com go there to see what would be good for you. cameras are very subjective to peoples taste (as are bikes thus this forum). so i suggest you go there and find out what would work for you.