Using Varus/Valgus wedges with speedplay aero cleats?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KS59

by KS59

Well it's time for a new set of speedplay cleats. Right now im just using the normal zero cleat with 1 wedge on each side. I've seen the aero walkable cleats and figured I might try them out but I've heard they can make using wedges a bit difficult. Anyone have any experiences using wedges with the aero cleats?

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sungod

by sungod

i just fitted them to new shoes, i use two wedges side and a shim on one, the only effect is the rubber cover is a bit further from the base of the shoe (i'm using 4-hole shoes)

the main thing to be aware of is that the screws that come with the cleats are short, you may need to get slightly longer screws if you add wedges

ms6073

by ms6073

When I installed Speedplay walkable cleats on my wifes 3-hole shoes, the package included both long and short screws for the base plate.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

sungod

by sungod

ms6073 wrote:When I installed Speedplay walkable cleats on my wifes 3-hole shoes, the package included both long and short screws for the base plate.

mine too, but these are for the 3-hole adaptor

at least in mine, there was only one set of 4-hole screws for the cleat itself, the wedges go between cleat and adaptor which is where the length becomes a problem