Speedplay clicking sound issue

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kode54

by kode54

i've rebuilt zeros a few times. on some bowties, on the under side edge of them...i see quite a bit of wear on the ones that make noise. most users don't check the bowties. i do check them more often as i have replacement titanium bowties from eBay that i replaced and swapped out the steel Speedplay ones. when i first swapped one out...the edges were a bit sharp on the Ti ones...and took some extra effort to clip in. but once clipped in...there was no play and held tightly within the pedal. not saying that this is the culprit, but the one screw that bolts the adapter plate onto the shoe wore into the bowtie...allowing more play and more noise. i haven't had any issues with the cleat spring at all.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

superdx

by superdx

superdx wrote:I got a click and thought it was my BB, but my right pedal was kind of spinning freely. Re-greased and sound hopefully will disappear.

Also cleaned out my cleats with alcohol and tightened the screws.

Turns out it was the BB (yay another BB30 incident). Bearings totally seized and LBS had to get a rubber hammer to get the crank out. All noise gone.