K-Edge combo mount question...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

addictR1

by addictR1

i'm looking to get the K-Edge combo (Aero 560) mount for my Garmin 810. some ppl said it will fit fine.. even K-Edge replied, but they still suggested using XL just in case of stem faceplate clearance.

anyone here uses the regular K-Edge combo with the 810 on a Uno Kalloy stem? plan to mount both 810 + Virb.

or anyone have photos of what the XL version will look like with the 810 on there? right now i'm using the garmin's own and another one from SRAM and i like how it's close enough to be flush.

thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Why wouldn't you just buy the mount built specifically for your computer? They built the aero mount for the smaller garmin computers for team sky so they'd sit more flush. Here is a garmin 500 on the aero mount.

kulivontot

by kulivontot

addictR1

by addictR1

Well after checking on amazon reviews ppl say the regular one fits 810. Even kEdge said it'll fit too. Just depends on faceplate of the stem. It's ok I bought the regular will test and see.

junchen

by junchen

I would suggest the xl kedge combo cos it has a bit more space and thus giving you more flexibility in future for a longer Garmin, or if you want to mount lights with gopro mount below.. Many lights need the XL version for its longer clearance.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

addictR1

by addictR1

I'm gonna be mounting the original garmin virb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1415chris

by 1415chris

Standard length is perfect for 810, still giving you 2-3mm of clearance. XL is more prone to vibrations, there is video on the net showing comparison between standard and XL versions in action.

addictR1

by addictR1

thanks chris..

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@addictR1 Double check the dimensions on the original Virb. I think it is actually longer than the 810, so while the 810 might be perfect for the standard mount, the Virb may be troublesome. Also take a look at this interface for the Virb specific mount, it is not a GoPro style mount. The interface will allow you to mount it directly to the K-Edge without the use of any adapters.
http://shpws.me/GFmR

addictR1

by addictR1

thanks WheresWaldo. i'm getting the kedge delivered today. as for cam wise.. i haven't decided if is should get the virb or something else.

i've read on garmin forums that the new virb X/XE only get about 1-1.5hrs for full charge. so i'm pretty open to using whatever cam. since i'll be using virb edit.. i figure it should be able to sync up properly based on the time stamp (if i get a cam without g-matrix or gps) from .fit file & from the video... (in theory)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com