Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow vs S-works Toupe 2013

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PrettyA

by PrettyA

Hey guys, I'm looking at 2 saddles and they're both very good, SLR at 120g while S-works Toupe 2013 is 115g. Currently I'm on a Fizik Arione R3 and I've tried these two saddles and they are both very comfortable. Which one should I choose?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Obviously, the lighter one.

Sleepless

by Sleepless

Obviously, the one that fits. :) I know this is weightweenies, but saddle is the only part I would choose a heavier alternative if it suits better.

kgt

by kgt

IMHO Specialized saddles are better suited for Specialized bikes. I don't like seeing spesh saddles on Colnagos or Cervelos or Cannondales or Pinarellos or... Selle Italia saddles have not these issues. They are a good match for every possible frame.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Sleepless wrote:Obviously, the one that fits. :) I know this is weightweenies, but saddle is the only part I would choose a heavier alternative if it suits better.

OP said they are both comfortable... Or how about this - use one and do a ride so long until it becomes uncomfortable, then try to hit the same mileage on the other to see which one you butt prefers more.

maxxevv

by maxxevv

Indeed, "comfortable" for 1 hour versus comfortable for 3 or more hours are not the same.

Depends on your normal riding style/duration too but most people would choose the one one that can be ridden comfortably for the longer duration.

duvivr6

by duvivr6

@kgt: I fully am with you on this one, but my problem is the Romin so matches my behind and is comfortable for whatever distance. So I have one on my C40, I am riding a Fizik on my C59 but is not as good.

I used to ride SLR, but one day something changed and cannot tolerate them anymore...

kgt

by kgt

In the case of PrettyA both saddles are comfortable so I would tell him to go for the SLR unless he rides a Specialized.

Sleepless

by Sleepless

Kayrehn wrote:
Sleepless wrote:Obviously, the one that fits. :) I know this is weightweenies, but saddle is the only part I would choose a heavier alternative if it suits better.

OP said they are both comfortable... Or how about this - use one and do a ride so long until it becomes uncomfortable, then try to hit the same mileage on the other to see which one you butt prefers more.

Indeed. I'm sure we all found a saddle comfortable only to find it's a torture machine on long rides.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Anyway, I am using the s-works toupe (the early weightweenie version not the current bloated one) and had a few 300+km rides on them - my ass was never the thing that bothered me at the end of the rides.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com