Need saddle bag recommendation

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

addictR1

by addictR1

Looking for a lightweight bag that would fit in between profile design RM1 and seatpost for my BMC TMR02.

I've tried several different ones from my LBS and either too big or it wouldn't fit.

I usually carry most of the stuff on me, but planning for longer rides, so planning to keep jersey pockets for gels, rice cakes, etc.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nemeseri

by nemeseri

Fixie82

by Fixie82

Have you checked out SpeedSleev? I have the small version which fits 1 tube, 2 canisters, tyre levers, multi tool, Co2 pump head and patches. It's quite compact and may fit in the gap that's pictured.

Do you have any measurements? I can see if my pack would potentially fit based off the space available if you like?

addictR1

by addictR1

Thanks Nemeseri...

Fixie82: from the seat rails down its about 5". From the seat post to the bottle cage, about close to 5" as well. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

The Scicon Elan might fit...
Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.

addictR1

by addictR1

mogwaiboi: that might fit, but i don't have much saddle rails left behind, so not sure if the mount on the saddle bag can be repositioned

eric

by eric

The smallest Specialized bag might fit in there.

Fixie82

by Fixie82

SpeedSleev isn't going to work unfortunately. The position of the strap requires it to be mounted higher up away from the seatpost and essentially filling the space currently taken by the RM1.

You could potentially play around with mounting directly to the seatpost instead of saddle rails or alternatively look at modifying a bag to mount horizontally instead of vertically. If you could do this than the SpeedSleev would definitely fit.

eaglejackson

by eaglejackson

I normally use a storage bottle in my second (down tube) cage, such as one from X-Lab or Shimano PRO. I don't like riding with stuffer jersey pockets.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com