Low Limit Screw Size for SRAM ETAP Front Derailleur

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

So I m missing the Low Limit Screw for my SRAM Etap Front Derailleur! Does anybody know what size it is, or what I need to search for.

I tried the High Limit Screw to see size wise, but that does not seem to fit!

Any advice or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. have checked the SRAM website, and it does not list any parts replacement codes or screw sizes for SRAM Etap yet. Only for Sram Red 22 and below!
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

sungod

by sungod

m4, c. 12mm length is ok

btw sram's documentation says the high limit screw is reverse threaded

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Does M4 x 8mm length work as well? Cant seem to find M4 x 12mm online. They all have a head on them!

sungod wrote:m4, c. 12mm length is ok

btw sram's documentation says the high limit screw is reverse threaded
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

sungod

by sungod

it will depend on how far in/out the screw needs to be on your frame, maybe ok though long term i'd look for a proper one

there's m4x20 here, you can cut down to size...

http://www.westfieldfasteners.co.uk/A2_ ... Flat_M4_20

...they will ship to germany, but i'm sure there will be local sources you can find

the original is ti, if you ride in the wet then stainless steel is a reasonable alternative to avoid rust, you cab also get ti screws (ebay for instance) but cost much more

try searching for "set screw" or "grub screw", you want ones with flat rather than pointed ends, but you can always grind off the point

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Thank you for this. Much appreciated! :)

Strava
Instagram

rickytek

by rickytek

Hi guys! I have problem with my etap's upper limit screw... Crank arm hit screw... Do you know where i Can buy a reverse threated shorter limit screw?? Thanks in Advance
Richard

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

TarugoKing

by TarugoKing

rickytek wrote:Hi guys! I have problem with my etap's upper limit screw... Crank arm hit screw... Do you know where i Can buy a reverse threated shorter limit screw?? Thanks in Advance
Richard

Ask your dealer to contact SRAM and get t for you. They have the smaller screws but SRAM deals only with the dealers. I got mine and was not charged a dime.

vegaspeed

by vegaspeed

TarugoKing wrote:
rickytek wrote:Hi guys! I have problem with my etap's upper limit screw... Crank arm hit screw... Do you know where i Can buy a reverse threated shorter limit screw?? Thanks in Advance
Richard

Ask your dealer to contact SRAM and get t for you. They have the smaller screws but SRAM deals only with the dealers. I got mine and was not charged a dime.

I've tried to have 2 different LBS help me get the shorter screws with no success, are you able to point me in the direction of your LBS that helped you?

Thanks in advance

TarugoKing

by TarugoKing

vegaspeed wrote:
TarugoKing wrote:
Richard

I've tried to have 2 different LBS help me get the shorter screws with no success, are you able to point me in the direction of your LBS that helped you?

Thanks in advance
I bought mine from competitivecyclist.com. They got it from SRAM and then they shipped it to me. I showed them the email SRAM sent me. You should contact the company you bought it from. Goodluck!

Oldbutstillgoing

by Oldbutstillgoing

Felt I had to post on this topic as had a nightmare fix on daughters bike resulted in me rounding off the hex on the upper limit screw. Read advice on this forum and phoned around for a left threaded m4 8 - 12mm grub screw. Nothing, rare as hens teeth and good luck with that responses.

Not sure that SRAM or dealer would help as it was my ham fisted fault, replacement screws from SRAM come as a kit at £30 plus shipping plus delay (have to have bike back on the road today), so turned to friend who owns an engineering company and he made several for me - problem solved but be aware that a normal metric m4 will not fix the problem. It has to be a left thread (reverse thread), imperial fine thread. Had mine made at 10mm and perfect length

If you can't find them on line, try asking a local engineering firm to make some. I wasn't charged but wouldn't expect it would cost as much as a kit from SRAM

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

1415chris

by 1415chris

If Sram still supply their fd etap with longer LL screw, I would be very surprised. This issue was known to them since the first etap had hit the market, at least in the uk. I got free of charge replacement from uk distributor more than a year ago.... (?)