EE-brakes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bruno2000

by bruno2000

I'm thinking of biuying EE brakes.
Where can I get them in Europe?
Second question for the guys who have them, is there brakepower at the same level of Dura-Ace and Sram Red calipers?
I live in Belgium, where it's dirty on the road, will they keep on working fine?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fh8425

by fh8425

(the guy who don't have them) there you go .. Starbike has them ... MK3

http://www.starbike.com/en/ee-cycle-works-eebrake/

breezerboy
Shop Owner

by breezerboy

I have them and use with Campag levers. I wouldn't use anything else now. Best weight, power, modulation and tyre clearance with great compatibility for wider rims. I also have reduced mobility and strength in my left hand due to a serious crash and love the lighter spring action, giving almost "hydraulic" smoothness and feel with good cables.

Compared to DA9000 I find power to be similar but the DA has a far higher spring tension so not as easy to modulate. If anything, the shimano brakes feel a little "wooden" in comparison although certainly not lacking in total power.
I haven't used the latest sram red, but found the previous red to be the worst of the bunch when comparing to DA, campag and EE, although all are probably in the top 10 of current brakes.

Also available from http://www.bureaufidder.nl/en_GB/c-3218287/eecycleworks/

Living and riding in the UK they have also seen plenty of muck, including gravel roads and dirt tracks. Never any issues.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

they need to be set up just right with SRAM levers with DA and Campag levers its a piece of cake

as far as cleaning there are no bearings and the bushes are ceramic so a hose is your friend.. that and a tooth brush

bruno2000

by bruno2000

I plan to use them with Sram etap levers.
Anybody any experiences?

Sim0n0

by Sim0n0

bruno2000 wrote:I plan to use them with Sram etap levers.
Anybody any experiences?

I've just switched from Dura Ace 9000 to SRAM eTap and they're definitely more difficult to set up on the SRAM. The advice I got was 'to get the arm at no more than 10° up for SRAM as the sweet spot of the lever is right at the front of the pull. The eTap levers are designed for SRAM's single pivot brakes and are a lot more sensitive to which part of the lever pull you use to activate the brake'

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com