Colnago Mix frame!? any opinions, please

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bogdanescu

by bogdanescu

Hi all I am about to aquire a Colnago Mix frame, the information on the net is rather scarce, so I would like to know if some of you has some experiences with this frame - the price is good here (about 250 $) some minor scratches, but sound of structure, planning to mount it in Campy of course... thanks all

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

krusty

by krusty

There is a very nice example of one of these in my size hanging at a store I frequent. I'm curious to know more about them too.

micky

by micky

Some older posters might know more than me, but I think it's one of the lowest frames on Colnago catalogues, perhaps even the Dream was a bit higher in their own "ranking"...?

I would consider it only if it's in a nice paintscheme and as a 2nd cheap/rain bike.
Otherwise I'd go a bit higher with the Dream mentioned above that has some paintjobs that reminds the Colnago art decor.

tabmaster

by tabmaster

The Colnago Mix frameset was, as I recall, a combination of the aluminium dream main triangle with the carbon b-stays of a C50. Not the top of the Colnago range, but nowhere near the bottom either. The VIP & Start frame sets filled that part of the range back then.
Here, pezcyclingnews: http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/technspec/colnago-mix-review/#.V2UUesh4WnM
If the grand tours are like classical music, kermesse racing is punkrock, Belgian style.
Colnago C50, Campag SR11

bogdanescu

by bogdanescu

I already bought the frame as it was cheap enough and in good condition, just some minor scratches normal for its age as I assume. I installed on it some Campy leftovers that I had laying around and some Proton wheels that are somehow my first love, smooth and good spinning - it runs like a charm, it is not light as my other EPS - but as everyday bike, rain bike it will do fine I think, as it seems smoother that I thought before and quick enough - I will post some pictures after getting some Real ergos and bar tape - now I only have on it an older type broken left ergo used only for braking and a new right Athena 11 that I keep as a spare... thanks for replies

kgt

by kgt

The Colnago Dream was the best Colnago alu frame. The Mix was inferior.
A Mix, I would not consider it. The Dream is another story.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com