2017 Fuji SL 1.1

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Hmm, Italian grams :wink:
BB

Coffee & carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Allen254

by Allen254

mythical wrote:Looks pretty and the weights aren't bad either.

One cannot help but wonder about this:
http://www.fujibikes.com/sl/ wrote:“At a staggering frame weight of just 695 grams, the SL is 19% lighter than any bike we've ever produced and is flat-out one of the lightest bikes in the world.”
Gearjunkie wrote:Weights are 789g for the frame (without fittings but including internal cable liners for both derailleurs and rear brake) and 304g for the uncut fork.

So a little more than my Nano was (715g and 321g respetively) but hope to drop around 20g when I cut the fork.

Surely cable liners cannot weigh that much, right...?

I think the bigger frames weigh more they do what specialized dose by make the bigger frames stiffer to compensate taller heavier riders. Making the frames weight heavier,, I think the 54cm frame weighs less and if you ride 52cm frame like i do you can probably see the claimed weight.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

In some reviews I read it did specify that the claimed weight was for a small sized frame.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Hi

So now built, though will no doubt be a few things need to be tweaked. Not ridden yet, can't wait, hopefully short ride today.

Weight is 5.82kg on clinchers including Garmin, Garmin sensor, pedals, cages and 4iiii.

Scale shot:
20160810_081622.jpg

Bike (sorry about the small size, one size larger was just 4kb over the limit so had to go down two sizes):
20160810_081736s3.jpg

steventran

by steventran

Nice weight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allen254

by Allen254

steventran wrote:Nice weight!

wow so nice man real nice weight too.
when you do go out and ride can you comment on the stiffness of the bike and anything else

mythical

by mythical

Good-looking no-nonsense racing machine, Gearjunkie! Very nice weight, and with PM too! Will you add any weight to meet the UCI limit?
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Thanks for the nice comments!

Only been for one very short hill ride so far (1.5hrs, 26km, 450m climbing) and there was quite a blustery wind so was very cautious on the descents, so not really able to get a feel for high speed cornering. Surprising few stops for mechanical issues for a first ride, just once for seat height.

Other than fit issues, I think I would probably struggle in a blind test to tell the difference between this and my Evo Nano. Early impressions are that it arguably is smoother over our very rough post earthquake roads, maybe a touch wippier at the rear over uneven surfaces. I haven't checked the geo chart but it looks shorter in the rear end than the Evo, so that might explain the wippiness. Climbs very well (as per Evo) feels stiff under my 85kg and stand and mash climbing style.

When I saw the photos on the Fuji website I must admit I wasn't sure about the gold accents on the 2017 model and was a little disappointed that I couldn't get a 2016 which is structurally identical but with the yellow accents that I like more. But in the flesh I'm very happy - looks better than in the pictures IMHO.

Overall very happy but early days.

Oh yeah, 4iiii seems to work, for the first ride at least.

Cheers
GJ

justaute

by justaute

I think it's more attractive than the 2016 model, which mine is. If I had the options, definitely would have gone with 2017.

Allen254

by Allen254

So can I get a frame straight from fuji? I cant find any shop that has the fuji sl frame in Stock right now??? I'm in California, performance bike sold out of them a while back.

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

I'm in New Zealand and rang the (very helpful) NZ distributor. They had no stock in the country but sourced a frame and fork for me from Australia in less than a week.

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

Allen254, I checked with Fuji and they said no to sourcing direct. You'll have to find a dealer that has it in stock or a dealer that will find one for you.

Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

mfuchs1

by mfuchs1

Colorado Cyclist still shows them in stock. https://www.coloradocyclist.com/fuji-sl-1-1-frameset

Allen254

by Allen254

mfuchs1 wrote:Colorado Cyclist still shows them in stock. https://www.coloradocyclist.com/fuji-sl-1-1-frameset

Yeah I saw that but they have one left and it's a XL I need a small. And I also want the newer modle. Thanks though.

drwittcop

by drwittcop

Allen254 wrote:
mfuchs1 wrote:Colorado Cyclist still shows them in stock. https://www.coloradocyclist.com/fuji-sl-1-1-frameset

Yeah I saw that but they have one left and it's a XL I need a small. And I also want the newer modle. Thanks though.

Ordered mine from http://www.bicycledoctorusa.com. I am getting a 52. First shipment of 2017 arrive this week. Should have frame next week. May try giving them a call.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com