2017 Fuji SL 1.1

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Allen254

by Allen254

so i got my frame today the fuji sl elite 2017 and it very nice but one question for those of you who also have a frame..
it came with FSA SL headset but i'm not sure if it requires a crown race. there seems to be a gap??

this is a pic of just the frame just because no headset installed thats why there a big gap...
Last edited by Allen254 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

justaute

by justaute

Allen254 wrote:so i got my frame today the fuji sl elite 2017 and it very nice but one question for those of you who also have a frame..
it came with FSA SL headset but i'm not sure if it requires a crown race. there seems to be a gap??

http://picresize.com/popup.html?images/ ... fuji_1.jpg
http://picresize.com/popup.html?images/rsz_fuji_3.jpg

disregard this picture it just for you guys to see there is no headset on in this pic just a pic.
http://picresize.com/popup.html?images/rsz_fuji_4.jpg

Can't see the pics. On my 2016 frame, there is no need for a crown-race because it has been molded into the steerer. Would imagine the same for 2017.

Allen254

by Allen254

justaute wrote:
Allen254 wrote:so i got my frame today the fuji sl elite 2017 and it very nice but one question for those of you who also have a frame..

Can't see the pics. On my 2016 frame, there is no need for a crown-race because it has been molded into the steerer. Would imagine the same for 2017.

oh sorry man lol damn pic things. there you go. does that gap look like yours ???

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Mine (2016) looks like that as well, now we just need a third person to affirm that its ok [emoji1]

justaute

by justaute

That looks about right.

Allen254

by Allen254

Kayrehn wrote:Mine (2016) looks like that as well, now we just need a third person to affirm that its ok

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :beerchug: right ha ,, i think we are all curious now im just used seeing it a little more flush i guess it doesn't look too open..

TurboTom

by TurboTom

If you are a size XL (58 cm), you can pick up the last 2016 frame from Colorado Cyclist for $1395, including shipping cost by using the coupon code SUMMER at checkout.

I have thousands on miles on mine and can't recommend it highly enough. It as as good as any other high-end frame at any price. This is a steal for someone.

Allen254

by Allen254

TurboTom wrote:If you are a size XL (58 cm), you can pick up the last 2016 frame from Colorado Cyclist for $1395, including shipping cost by using the coupon code SUMMER at checkout.

I have thousands on miles on mine and can't recommend it highly enough. It as as good as any other high-end frame at any price. This is a steal for someone.

I thought you meant for the 2017 in any size. I got the 2017 just need to build it now lol:(

RussellS

by RussellS

Allen254 wrote:did you ever think maybe some people just don't have the time to build a whole bike. Maybe some can do it but to lazy too. I don't get what your trying to say?? It's okay to ask for help.

Time? With all new parts it would take 2-3 hours to build a bike. Not including building wheels. 2-3 hours is about half the time it takes to do a ride. Doesn't seem too much to me. Lazy? My thoughts too. Seems odd to be lazy when bicycling is a very physical activity. Lazy bicyclists don't make sense. Lazy marathon runner? Overweight marathon runner? Don't go together at all. What I am trying to say is when people spend hours and hours picking out every individual part, and thousands upon thousands of dollars, and then don't spend the extra few minutes and effort to build it yourself and get the satisfaction of building it yourself, you are cheating more or less. You're depriving yourself of part of the fun of bicycling. Bicycling is an intense activity. Seems odd to be intense on the riding, but not the building part. Or maybe the people who hire the building don't really ride much if at all. They want to hire someone to build them a trophy bike to hang on the wall but don't actually ever ride. Yes you can ask for help if its something complicated or you do not have the right tools. Maybe pressing in all these bottom bracket bearings. I hear there are special tools for that and you maybe use Loctite or not and some other black magic to get them not to creak and rattle. Ask for help. But putting the stem on the bike? Putting the derailleurs on the frame? Cables? Cassette and getting the chain length right? Taping your handlebars? Do you hire someone to tape your bars? Putting pedals on the crankarms? Do you do that? What about adjusting the height of the seatpost? Do you take it to a shop to have that done?

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Stop spamming this thread with your opinions on what people should do. It has nothing to do with Fuji bikes and you are just whining. Nobody has to justify to you why they want to use their lbs services.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Russell, tl;dr. I guess I'm just a lazy cyclist

drwittcop

by drwittcop

kulivontot wrote:Russell, tl;dr. I guess I'm just a lazy cyclist

On team lazy! I need to see if they have a custom kit. Hope it comes with a decent chamios. I guess if it doesn't I could just sew togther my own bibs.

RussellS

by RussellS

Kayrehn wrote:Stop spamming this thread with your opinions on what people should do. It has nothing to do with Fuji bikes and you are just whining. Nobody has to justify to you why they want to use their lbs services.

Their posts pollute the forum. They post pictures of their Fuji bike. But do they even ride it? Or is it just to hang on the wall? They do not care enough about cycling to even do any of the mechanical work on the bike.

Fixie82

by Fixie82

Damn RussellS, that's well out of line. Are you saying these guys don't deserve to be able to ride a bike because they choose to have some mechanical work done by someone else?

You have no idea about their reasons for choosing to have someone else's build their bike up. Personal circumstance, space (do they have a garage for all the tools), familiarity with the specs (you mention press fit bearings but what about internal routing, carbon parts, change of brand or type of group set ect). There are a multitude of reasons why someone might make that decision, for me, if I lived near a competent mechanic who did exceptional work I too would probably have them build my bikes to ensure it was done right the first time and to a very high standard. This is coming from someone who likes doing mechanical work and has built his last 5 bikes himself. My work is good and I know it's solid but it's no where near the level of people like Skunkworks here or someone like Shifter Bikes in Melbourne.

So how about you stop drawing insane conclusions and casting aspersions on other people about how much they 'care' for cycling.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Even if we like to buy expensive custom bikes and hang it on the wall it's none of your business really.