BB Infinite Review

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Cyclelogue

by Cyclelogue

I've had bottom bracket creaking issues on the last 2 bikes I've owned - Cannondale Supersix (BB30) and Cervelo R5 (BBRight). I know of a couple of aftermarket BB shells out there and did a video review on one of them - BB Infinite. Hope this helps if you're also having creaking issues that drive you as insane as it does me!

Sorry guys I'll get the working link up here ASAP!
Last edited by Cyclelogue on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

I am confused. In your review, you mention using BBInfinite to solve the creaking problem with a Cannondale SuperSix with a BB30 bottom bracket, but in the video, I see you holding a BBInfinite PF30 module. Since the company does not have a 'module' type solution for BB30, simply a pair of ABEC-7 BB30 bearings, wasn't the actual solution to the creaking due to the fact that the bearings were installed using Loctite provided in the kit?
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Cyclelogue

by Cyclelogue

The BBRight PF30 module is the one that I used in the BB30 on the cannondale and it worked great! I don't know the details, but my guess is since it's the same shell diameter, and at the time I was using a 30mm spindle (SRAM Force), it works on both BBRight and BB30. If you go to their website, select 30mm crank standard, BB30 is one of the options available.

The loctite is used on the shell itself and is applied just before finishing the last few millimeters of insertion.

Edit: You're right I don't see the module option when following those steps on the website. I've emailed them to help clear it up. I'm pretty sure when I bought it early last year I had to email them to sort it out and figure out what would work. At any rate, sorry for the confusion and I'll post their reply here.

sk1324

by sk1324

ms6073 wrote:I am confused. In your review, you mention using BBInfinite to solve the creaking problem with a Cannondale SuperSix with a BB30 bottom bracket, but in the video, I see you holding a BBInfinite PF30 module. Since the company does not have a 'module' type solution for BB30, simply a pair of ABEC-7 BB30 bearings, wasn't the actual solution to the creaking due to the fact that the bearings were installed using Loctite provided in the kit?

Most newer SuperSix bikes actually have a PF30 bottom bracket, despite the fact that a huge BB30 logo is slapped onto the frame. My 2012 Supersix Evo had a PF30, and my 2016 Evo HiMod has a PF30a (which is a variant of the new wider BB30a). If you take the original bike apart, the bearings are pressed into cups that are pressed into the frame. As such, any conversion solution (which I also use) can be from PF30 standard. I'm posting solely in response to your comment, since I can't see the original video.

ms6073

by ms6073

sk1324 wrote:Most newer SuperSix bikes actually have a PF30 bottom bracket, despite the fact that a huge BB30 logo is slapped onto the frame.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I was curious because I was thinking BBInfinite was now offering a 'module' type solution for BB30 framesets, but when I visited the companies website, saw the traditional BB30 bearings.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Cyclelogue

by Cyclelogue

Either that or I'm being a dumbass. Thinking back I may have actually had the module you're speaking of installed on the cervelo with the original Rotor cranks, not the SuperSix. I probably made a mistake and misspoke in the video. Once I get it cleared up with customer service I'll get the video updated and the link up.

Sorry bro for the confusion, and thanks for pointing that out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com