Any more info on the new Sidi's?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jmaccyd

by jmaccyd

Spotted on Chris Froome, new style Sidi's with a top mounted Boa system. Any more information knocking about? Hopefully lighter and with a decent insole but probably even more silly money.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

Seems to me that is a custom solution for Froome as having the BOA centered across the tongue of the shoe would inhibit proper tightening of the shoe for those with narrower feet.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Swannie

by Swannie

To get them more narrow than Sidi's already are? :noidea:

kgt

by kgt

Boas on the top of the shoe is not a good idea IME. Unless there is a really thick tongue.

ms6073

by ms6073

Swannie wrote:To get them more narrow than Sidi's already are? :noidea:

Sorry, no. As already pointed out, without thicker tongue, there would be significant pressure applied to the top of the foot. I was also trying to point out that for someone with narrow feet, the BOA system would be limited in how much could be 'cinched' due to the width of the BOA system, which could bind on the attachment points through which the nylon cord passes on each side of the tongue! It is probably an extreme use case, but look at the image below and notice the 'cinch' point nearest the toe box and imagine whether or not you could achieve the same amount of closure for a very narrow foot where the two BOA's are positioned:

- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"