Shifting woes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Gregorio

by Gregorio

I have a 2015 cervelo s3 with super record 11 sp. 52/36 rotor crank. It shifts fine in the big ring but not so good in the small ring. I can't figure it out. New chain and cassette. I checked the hanger alignment also.
I am pretty sure the chain is right length but I may take a link out and see if that helps.

Anyone have another idea?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

How old are the cables?

istigatrice

by istigatrice

Have you got adequate tension on the RD? Had a similar issue on a SRAM rd because I didn't have the b-tension screw set correctly.

I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

Ebruner

by Ebruner

More than likely cable friction, or the cage is not close enough to the cogs.

-Eddie

Gregorio

by Gregorio

Cables are a yr old but like new. It's a fair weather bike. Doesn't see rain. And it's always jumped gears on steep hills in the small chainringI originally.
I will look at the b screw again.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Campy chain and cassette? Versus a mix of brands? Chain length set as per campy guidelines... When in small/small a 10-15mm gap between chain and upper pulley?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Flapmeat

by Flapmeat

Show us a couple pictures of how parallel the cage is with the cassette cogs, and if there is any 'yaw' angle to the cage facing away or towards BB?

Leaning towards misaligned hangar, had a similar issue.

Gregorio

by Gregorio

Found the problem while removing the der to check hanger alignment again. one of the screws was loose on the hanger allowing it to wiggle back and forth.
thanks weenies

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

Gregorio wrote:Found the problem while removing the der to check hanger alignment again. one of the screws was loose on the hanger allowing it to wiggle back and forth.
thanks weenies

threadlocker is your friend on those tiny hanger bolts..don't want to over tighten them but don't want them going loose either.